No announcement yet.

Michigan.....time to show up and roll out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this sounds awesome, glad to see some members that are close and can get together. Pretty sure I'm the only cool panther owner in California. I did see Chris from ADTR at the Knott's berry farm show last month with his aero and whale vics. There was not a SINGLE box at the show of hundreds of cars. Can you believe that shit? That alone is a good reason for me to leave this dump, but my better(worse?) half is not convinced. Michigan probably wouldn't be my first choice but I've got to get out of here. What are emissions laws like elsewhere? Obviously better than here but that's not saying much...

Comment

Aside from relics like Jay Leno I don't think there's much love for classic American stuff in California. I wouldn't move to Michigan though. Ashley and I would prefer to live in Arizona or some state that does not use salt so we can continue to run old stuff until we die. Yup, we do not wish to own anything from 2000+
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'd live anywhere that doesn't use salt. I'm lucky Derek and and I are on the same page when it comes to cars being our top priority. It does cause the problem in having too many cars in relation to available parking space.
        1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

I would move somewhere where you can enjoy using your cars all year long. Mine are in storage six months each year. No smog checks in Maine. Just the vehicle inspection every year. Getting out of Ca is a wise choice for so many reasons. Find somewhere that has good drinking water, not recycled sewer water.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
            I would move somewhere where you can enjoy using your cars all year long. Mine are in storage six months each year. No smog checks in Maine. Just the vehicle inspection every year. Getting out of Ca is a wise choice for so many reasons. Find somewhere that has good drinking water, not recycled sewer water.
            Amen to that Tom. Being a plumber it's ever more obvious how bad the water quality is. In classic California fashion, they completely avoid the obvious point that the water is the problem, and blame the metallurgy of valves and fittings for being toxic. Plumbing fixtures have contained lead for as long as there have been plumbing fixtures, but now it's leaching out of things and creating "dangerous" levels of lead. It's the chemicals that they treat the sewer water with to make it "potable" that are causing this! On the rare occasions it rains here they just let it run out to the ocean instead of storing it in reservoirs. Rather than building reservoirs they build more low-income housing to move in more people we don't have water for and most are illegal immigrants or other drains on the system that I pay for too. Not that everything about California is bad...just most of it.

Comment

Ca used to be a nice place to live and work. Car related services like painting, upholstery, junk yards (which are closing fast) car shows I really miss.
              I had to get out of that state. I was tired of the gangs, people coming across the open borders. Crime,drugs, stupid regulations, taxes, high insurance, gas prices, expensive housing, utility bills. etc.
              At least where I live there is bright blue sky, clean well water and plenty of snow.

Comment

Man, it would be awesome to make it to this meet. I've already turned down a family trip to gatlinburg though cause we're too busy, so there's no convincing the wife on this one lol.

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                Amen to that Tom. Being a plumber it's ever more obvious how bad the water quality is. In classic California fashion, they completely avoid the obvious point that the water is the problem, and blame the metallurgy of valves and fittings for being toxic. Plumbing fixtures have contained lead for as long as there have been plumbing fixtures, but now it's leaching out of things and creating "dangerous" levels of lead. It's the chemicals that they treat the sewer water with to make it "potable" that are causing this! On the rare occasions it rains here they just let it run out to the ocean instead of storing it in reservoirs. Rather than building reservoirs they build more low-income housing to move in more people we don't have water for and most are illegal immigrants or other drains on the system that I pay for too. Not that everything about California is bad...just most of it.
                Blue Death is a good book. Shows just how fucked we are with the water situation here on earth. The land in California is beautiful! From large forests, to deserts, to snow covered mountains, to beaches. Aside from that, there are too many ridiculous laws and superficial people for me... and not enough panthers lol.

Comment

2.5 more weeks!

Saturday, June 13th @ 1:00PM

Athen's Coney Island
                  32657 Woodward Ave
                  Royal Oak, MI 48073

We'll decide after eating and BSing what we'll do after Athen's.

There's still time to think about it if anyone else is interested in going.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Congrats to DerekTheGreat on POTM for June 2015!

That's another reason to head to Royal Oak on Saturday June 13th, you'll get to see this month's POTM in person.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Gonna sit this one out I think guys.
                      1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                        Congrats to DerekTheGreat on POTM for June 2015!

That's another reason to head to Royal Oak on Saturday June 13th, you'll get to see this month's POTM in person.
                        Thanks to everyone who voted on it! Pretty neat to see my car on the page.. Ash and I are on schedule, getting our cars Krowned this coming Monday and then hopefully we'll have them cleaned by the time the event rolls around.

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                        Gonna sit this one out I think guys.

There's a few gun ranges on Wootward too.. Been years since I played with fire arms..

Comment

Been out for awhile...I will be there in my 88 dove gray TC.....still tinking with my 78 barge

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

I like TC's, can't wait to see that barge in action though. Be sure to keep us posted on that thing's progress!

Comment

This coming Saturday is the day!
                              The weather looks like it may be good too, but this is Michigan...

So far it looks like we have 6 cars, 5 of which are boxes and 1 whale.
                              4 of the cars are TCs and 2 are MGMs.

So far my '91 MGM is the worst looking, so if you don't think your car is nice enough to go don't let that stop you or else you'll miss out on what I'm sure will be a great time.

There's still time for procrastinators to decide if they want to go, but the 5 members who said they want to go have already received my cell# just in case they need to call someone on the way.
                              If anyone else wants to go, reply to this thread or shoot me a PM... or just show up, that's also a valid option.

The details again:
                              Saturday, June 13th @ 1:00PM

Athen's Coney Island
                              32657 Woodward Ave
                              Royal Oak, MI 48073
                              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Barring any unseen plague,pestilence, death, nuclear holocaust, or act of god I will be there. And Vic don't worry about having the worst car there, my whale is a 20 footer for sure, theres issues with the front and rear bumpers. The original owner was by no means an excellent driver, he was also a retired cop from Ft. Lauderdale Florida which may explain it.
                                2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X