No announcement yet.

The Crown Shit. The never ending story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah... that's right. Yeah... sitting (especially for years) does not help any. Sometimes some marvel mystery oil (or similar) poured into the cylinders through the spark holes can help with this issue, but sometimes there's no helping it short of a teardown and hone.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      Ah... that's right. Yeah... sitting (especially for years) does not help any. Sometimes some marvel mystery oil (or similar) poured into the cylinders through the spark holes can help with this issue, but sometimes there's no helping it short of a teardown and hone.
      i'll see if mystery oil will help it any, if not then it's definitely getting sent to the junkyard.
      Ray

1997 Crown Victoria LX "Crown Shit"/"Crown Marquis" SENT TOI SCRAP
      1986 Ford Mustang Notchback

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        must have had a meltdown on #5 somewhere along the way. A quart of oil in one drive is a huge amount.
        didn't go through a quart on one drive, say maybe 100 miles or so in the last couple days.
        Ray

Comment

yeah, a quart in 100 miles is way too much. I don't like having to add oil at all between changes, 30 quarts between changes is a no-go.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yah I'd dump it in that case too. When I acquire a new vehicle, it gets fresh fluids everywhere but minimal maintenance until the drivetrain is deemed worthy of it.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

here you guys go.

cylinder 5.
              Ray

Comment

Originally posted by frankenstang View Post
                i'll see if mystery oil will help it any, if not then it's definitely getting sent to the junkyard.
                Not at this point. It would have before the first start. It helps break up the rust that's in the cylinder and prevents the rings from breaking on that first crank.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well. the ol vic got a good send-off with the auto-shop kids it's been with for so long, needless to say we're going to the JY in a couple weeks and getting the trunk.
                  Ray

Comment

frankenstang, you have a pm

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      frankenstang, you have a pm
                      just sent a reply
                      Ray

Comment

The car finally got sent off today. didn't get any pictures of it on the trailer but i do have a couple last pictures of it.
                        Ray

Comment

Final Update:

This car has been crushed. Pour one out for a fallen soldier.
                          Ray

Comment

Working...
                          X