My Ma's 1986 Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
    You don't need resonators to quiet the exhaust, just get some good flowing quiet mufflers like Dynomax Super Turbos or Flowmaster 50 Series. And if you're gonna be running cats then it'll be plenty quiet. But when you do the build, move the cutouts before the cats so when open nothing muffles the sound.
    Nah, I am going to leave everything where it is. I already got Summit Turbo Muffs behind the cat'd H-pipe. They aren't loud, but you can hear the car running from inside of the house; and that's just the lopo. If my mom should decide that the car ain't loud enough at some point, I'll consider getting an O/R H-pipe without cats. I'll use that for track days or if I want to show-up that guy down the street from me.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      Nah, I am going to leave everything where it is. I already got Summit Turbo Muffs behind the cat'd H-pipe. They aren't loud, but you can hear the car running from inside of the house; and that's just the lopo. If my mom should decide that the car ain't loud enough at some point, I'll consider getting an O/R H-pipe without cats. I'll use that for track days or if I want to show-up that guy down the street from me.

Packman
      Someone giving you trouble Packmang?

On an off-topic note, is the car a 2dr or a 4dr. Because I have been seeing a blue LTD 2dr crown vic in my area, same blue as you. I need to have some flyers off hand so I can put one on the car.

Comment

No troubles here mate, just a really snotty MKVII owner who has some sort of an attitude against me. When I went over to his driveway a while back to give him the address of this site, he said no I don't want to talk, and that was that. I complimented him on his modded Lincoln anyways, but from that point forward I made it my prerogative to show him up any chance I get. I think he was pissed because my POS Malibu was getting more attention than his hi-dollar car. He's going to be really mad when I get another engine built and have my ma pull a hole shot on him.

Packman

Comment

No troubles here mate, just a really snotty MKVII owner who has some sort of an attitude against me. When I went over to his driveway a while back to give him the address of this site, he said no I don't want to talk, and that was that. I complimented him on his modded Lincoln anyways, but from that point forward I made it my prerogative to show him up any chance I get. I think he was pissed because my POS Malibu was getting more attention than his hi-dollar car. He's going to be really mad when I get another engine built and have my ma pull a hole shot on him.

Packman
          run a hose into his house :p j/k

is the car a tudor or a sedan?

Comment

Oh yeah, my ma's car; it's a 4-door sedan. As far as I know right now, she has the only CV around here riding on faux wide whites.

Packman

Comment

Oh yeah, my ma's car; it's a 4-door sedan. As far as I know right now, she has the only CV around here riding on faux wide whites.

Packman
              Ah ok. So I should grab a flyer and put it on the tudor vic

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                Ah ok. So I should grab a flyer and put it on the tudor vic

Definitely! I obviously have no salesmanship whatsoever because I have seen a few nice Panthers, box and whale alike that I haven't been able to get onto this site. I'll keep trying though, somebody has to bite eventually.

Packman

Comment

*************UPDATE****************

I installed the Trans Am splitter exhaust tips last night. They look great and the exhaust finally has a finished look. The only thing that I had to tweek is the angle of the tips. In the pics they were pointed straight down and as I slowly pulled out of the driveway they began to scrape, so I turned them out to the side. They still scrape, but I will turn them down a little bit so they are 45* to the rear bumper. I'll get more pics after the spring install; which will hopefully happen next weekend.

Packman

Comment

I think you need to put some cement in the gutters at the end of the driveway so that you don't need to worry about scraping. You must have a big dropoff at the end of the driveway, got pics of it?
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

It's a fairly steep drop-off; probably made for Model Ts. I'll get some pics when I do the spring install. That might be sooner than I expected because I think the rear springs semi collapsed. On even ground the car sags in the back like it has no motor in it to weigh the front end down. Once I get the Speedway springs in the car then I believe the problem will be solved.

Packman

Comment

Looks like someone Jacked up the Car using the middle of the Rear Bumper as a lift point.

Comment

That was me a while back. I backed the car onto the un-stoned part of the driveway and it sunk up to the axle when I drove over a sink hole (opened up where a fairly large gum-ball tree stood). I couldn't get a jack under there and my father's truck wasn't available. I wasn't mad because the bumpers are gonna go the second I find some replacements.

Packman

Comment

Here are some pics of the new exhaust tip angles (for ground clearance, though still not enough) and the stock valve covers all cleaned up with the painted intake plate.

Packman

Comment

Nice!

What color are you/mom planning on going with for the re-paint?

Comment

Are you gonna get new rear shocks/springs soon?
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X