No announcement yet.

Where to install gauges in 90/91 cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

open the case up and you should be able to sneak a peak as to where the wires are heading. And if they are not wires heading directly to the gauges I suggest using a multimeter to find continuity between each wire and a circuit board. This will help you decode what it what.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The box part has no clips holding it on, just pull its only held on because it is a tight fit.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Cool. Looks like one of the tabs holding the circuit board snapped in shipping....oh well, glue exists.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

That sucks, I wrapped that thing really tight too, it will be fine, but usps probably played hockey with the box on break or something.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I'll live haha. I got it at the same time as my rad hoses from Rockauto...I didn't get in touch with the parts car guy today though

I spoke with him, he told me to come see him at his house after work, and then he wasn't home. I'll try again tomorrow.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

No worries, I don't even have a tach yet to mount on the a-pillar, and I have a feeling that the next money I get will be going towards a sequential tail-light kit.
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

fuck that money noise, you hooked me up with the gauges so i'll hook you up with the A pillar. it's yours for shipping.
                sigpic

Comment

Ha, awesome, I really just had them laying around though, just give me a shout when I need to send you the cash, ive got a balance on paypal, and haven't added my new checking account yet to withdraw it, so its just waiting to be spent on something.
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I don't know WTF I'm doing here figuring out what wires are what...5 wires, red/black/blue/yellow/orange. More than one of them seems to ground and/or power the lights.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X