No announcement yet.

Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling even if you handed him 12k in cash he'd back down. I mean that was a labor of love for sure. Tough to get rid of something like that.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I have a feeling even if you handed him 12k in cash he'd back down. I mean that was a labor of love for sure. Tough to get rid of something like that.
      I should look into some crowd sourced funding to hold the vehicle in trust until he comes to his senses. Then he can just return the money and get his car back!

Or maybe it's just time to move on to another challenge? I know guys that pour their heart and soul into something and then unload it because they've literally done everything they possibly could to it. The pleasure was derived from the journey, not the destination, and eventually creators get the urge to create again. Unfortunately, that usually means freeing up money and making room for the next project.

If this is the case, I can't wait to see what Mr Bean has up his sleeve for the next masterpiece.
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Very possible. Would be a sweet car to grab a hold of.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Agreed. I doubt he’s making anything on it not including the time he’s put in. Whoever buys it is gettting a deal. Now my question is what could possibly be better than the mod box (why is he selling it)?
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Ah crap, shoulda known someone from here would see it. Let's just say it's not for sale.

Comment

Considering how many folks troll Kijiji and CL around here... I'm surprised they didn't see it the same day it was posted.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                Ah crap, shoulda known someone from here would see it. Let's just say it's not for sale.
                Good to hear. If I had something like that it would be like one of my kids. Well, maybe not quite, but it would definitely notch in somewhere in line with a beloved family pet.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                Considering how many folks troll Kijiji and CL around here... I'm surprised they didn't see it the same day it was posted.
                Yeah, I live on Kijiji and search up panthers at least once in the morning and once in the evening... that way I know what I want to buy just in case I find a few grand in an envelope in the bushes. I had seen the Modbox ad the day it was posted, I just waited to see if someone else wanted to say anything about it first.
                ************************************************** ******************************
                1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Has this been posted here yet? 43k km (Canada had 6 digit odometers) 1985 Grand Marquis in what looks to be very good condition. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...teLocale=en_CA

Current driver: wagon
                  Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                  | 88 TC | 91 GM
                  Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                  Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

Hmm. Looks like the white Mercury version of my '85. I had ditch lights so +5 to coolness.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

81 Vic 2dr in Chatham, ON

Got word from a buddy who picks up scrap cars that there is a 1981 Vic 2dr which he believes may be in decent shape in Chatham, ON waiting to be picked up for scrap. Likely to be picked up early next week.

It's a long shot that it can or will be saved and condition is a total question mark, but someone local could check it out. It's a residential address so I'm not posting it, but someone with serious interest who is local to it should shoot me a PM. I do not have email or phone contact info, only the address.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                        Got word from a buddy who picks up scrap cars that there is a 1981 Vic 2dr which he believes may be in decent shape in Chatham, ON waiting to be picked up for scrap. Likely to be picked up early next week.

It's a long shot that it can or will be saved and condition is a total question mark, but someone local could check it out. It's a residential address so I'm not posting it, but someone with serious interest who is local to it should shoot me a PM. I do not have email or phone contact info, only the address.
                        I hope someone checks it out. If it's got a good frame and body, it would be a great fixer upper!!

And hey, here's one out your way:

1988 MGM - looks decent with low mileage and a fair asking price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1282781

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                          I hope someone checks it out. If it's got a good frame and body, it would be a great fixer upper!!

And hey, here's one out your way:

1988 MGM - looks decent with low mileage and a fair asking price.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48938[/ATTACH]

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

its a gonner.
                            ~David~

Comment

Time to cry.

American car (primarily MPH speedometer). 351 (I think?) w/VV. No Tripminder (I want that damned carb Tripminder fuel sensor...)

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              its a gonner.
                              Yep. Crushed or derby are the only two options from where it sits now. The only way to save it would have been to intervene before that particular tow truck grabbed it, and that's why he tipped me off...to give the car a chance.

Looks like it may have been present at a house fire? Sooty header panel.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                              | Junkyards

Comment

So on those early Vics with the ones that had the clear opera lense, did those ever light up as an option? Saw a '79 at a yard that had the lens but no bulb or provision for one.
                                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                                X