Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all,greetings fom the show me state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info everyone,I'm kindof still baffled as to why my h.o runs so good on my factory ecm,never have pulled the thing out to see what ecm I have I,m assuming its non h.o. SD.i might go find out today just for the hell of it,when I look back though my original engine never really did run very good despite my efforts,makes me wonder.maybe I got lucky and a previous owner replaced the ecm and inadvertently used a mustang SD pcm,any thoughts in the mean time?

Comment

What do you drive and are you sure it's an HO? Lately I've been seeing a lot of Town Cars, MGM's and Crown Vics for sale with "Mustang" engines when it's obvious they're only LoPo's. Would catch the unassuming buyer off guard, especially if they're used to 4 cylinder econoboxes. It's not hard to put the HO beauty plate on in place of the standard one either. As far as I can tell both engines look very similar, but factory HO upper manifolds would have "HO" cast into them under that beauty plate, are painted an ugly shade of greenish silver and have a 60mm throttle body & opening whereas the standard LoPo uppers are painted silver, do not have "HO" cast into them and are 40mm.

HO's have a different firing order so they would run like poop without the correct ECM.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Where ya at in Missouri ? I'm out in st Charles

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
        sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
        87 mercury grand marquis
        88 crown vic lx
        89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
        89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
        00 ford crown vic lx hpp
        03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          ^^^This. I may go looking for a Cali Mk VII ecm that way I can go HO and still have cruise control but we'll see how it goes...
          If you ever find an extra I'd be interested in it
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X