Estimated Restoration and Customizing Funds: $3000-$4500
    Estimated Completion Date: December 2007

The Battle Axe is drivable and current known existing problems are:

1. Vacuum Issues
    2. Valve Cover Gaskets Leak
    3. Minor Right Rear Quarter Panel Damage
    4. This List Will Change - Will Update Frequently

Update:

Tires in horrible shape - stock rims in fair shape - missing one center cap.

Solution Found: 4 - '05 Mustang 16" Touring Rims with decent 215/65/16
    Cost: $150 + whatever the new lugnutz cost.

Note: It is my opinion that they will blend well and actually look "right"

Istallation Date: 5/17/2007

Out with the Old

In with the New

Will Update this 5/17 with pic of Batle Axe on New Skates
    Last edited by roompainter; 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM.

Comment

hey welcome to GMN!
      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Looks good mang. Those rims are becoming a popular mod on people's boxes all the sudden.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

cool those wheels should look nice

Comment

Get pics of them on the car. I know they look good on a two door Vic, and I'm curious what they look like on a wagon. Seems these rims aren't very popular or something, but I think they look nice. Kind of sucks you need a spacer to properly use them, but still, for what they cost and how nice they look, its a good value.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Get pics of them on the car. I know they look good on a two door Vic, and I'm curious what they look like on a wagon. Seems these rims aren't very popular or something, but I think they look nice. Kind of sucks you need a spacer to properly use them, but still, for what they cost and how nice they look, its a good value.
              hey hey.... I thought they would fit right.. what kind of spacer, where?

can it be bought at autozone or whatever?

Comment

Update: 5/17

Subject: Wheels Installation

As I noted above, plans are to replace the stock 15" wheels to a set of '05 16" Mustang Touring wheels. Spacers ARE needed for this project as well as a milling job to some new rotors. The foward edge of the rotor is to wide for the center of the new wheels.. not by much, but enough...

This is the area of the rotor that will ave to me machined down a hair.. got to make it about a 16th inch skinnier.

Ordered these spacers today from ezaccessory.com - they are 5 - 4.5 on 5 - 4.5 they are 2 inches wide - the max - with a 73mm center bore.
                They should push the wheels outward a bit but probably not enough to make the edge of tires even with side of car.

Comment

Nice CP!It's gonna look good with those rims on it.I like the 88-91 front & rear end style better on the GM's.

I'm from monroe,What part of NC are you from?If you ever need any help,I am fairly skilled at bodywork,and am allways willing to help out a fellow box owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Custom87 View Post
                    Nice CP!It's gonna look good with those rims on it.I like the 88-91 front & rear end style better on the GM's.

I'm from monroe,What part of NC are you from?If you ever need any help,I am fairly skilled at bodywork,and am allways willing to help out a fellow box owner.
                    I am from Raleigh - about 200 miles apart... wish you were closer, Id take you up on some quarter panel damage repair.

Glad to know there are some locals here though.

Comment

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Update: 5-22

Bought new front rotors, pads, bearings, seals and grease today. $155

Bought new ac blower motor as well, $20 (installed it - makes a little more air) seemed kinda weak before - still does after new one - maybe my daily driver catagory 5 hurricane ac system has just spoiled me.

Still waiting on the spacers/adapters. UPS tracking says be here Friday.

Why the new brake stuff? Well, the brakes needed to be done, not sure what the actual condition of them are, other than they do stop the car, but ride shimmeys a bit when lighty breaking.. but feels fine under hard breaking.
                        Also, thought it'd be a good idear to go ahead and replace bearings as well.

Mostly just wanted a nice new mounting surface for the wheel adapters up front - Using 2"ers and I want 0.00 vibration on highway.

Talked to my exhaust guy today, he quoted me $280 on; system removal including the 2nd cats back - replacing with Dual 2 1/2" pipes with flow masters and decent looking chrome or stainless tips - I think chrome though. Might get this done tomorrow, not sure, spent a wad this week already on it.

Also need to get it leaned up underside and figure out where that dadblamed oil leak is comming from, prolly just going to replace all the oil related gaskets and seals - oil pan,rear main, and valve covers - My mech quoted me $250 the other day for these - I thought it was cheap but then he does all my work and I am loyal so...

Disregard the earlier update regarding machining the rotor sides - dont need to do that part after all.

will do the before and after pics of the wheel set - prolly Saturday after I do the job - also planning to do new shocks up front while I am in the wells.

Question Re: day dream - what would you think of a colony park with a body lift??? drop some 33's under it and all that.. hehe... just a thought -

next post is the grand tally to date
                        Last edited by roompainter; 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM.

Comment

1988 Mercury Colony Park LS - "The Battle Axe"

Update: 5-22

Purchase Date: 5-10-2007
                          Purchase Price: $300
                          Odometer Reading: 122K
                          Estimated Restoration and Customizing Funds: $3000-$4500
                          Estimated Completion Date: December 2007

The Battle Axe is drivable and current known existing problems are:

1. Vacuum Issues (FiXED)
                          2. Valve Cover Gaskets Leak/ Oil Pan Gasket and maybe rear main
                          3. Minor Right Rear Quarter Panel Damage
                          4. This List Will Change - Will Update Frequently

Grand Tally to Date:

Purchase Price $300
                          Taxes & Tags $125
                          Wheels & Tires $150
                          Adapters/Spacers $149
                          Front Break Parts $155
                          AC Blower Motor $20
                          Inspection $25
                          Wiper Blades $15
                          ---------------------------
                          Total $939

Estimated Remaining Budget for Project $3500
                          Last edited by roompainter; 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM.

Comment

The rear main seals dont go bad that often. 90% of the time it will be leaking out of the back of the lower intake manifold or the valve covers. Have a look at the top of the trans bellhousing. If its all goopy and nasty back there, probably its the intake and/or valve covers. The covers always leak on these things with age anyway. Wash it down and drive, then see where the oil is.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Update: 5-24

Re: Exhaust

Note: I know I said I was going to wait on this part of the project but it seems my exhaust guy was wanting to get it over with. So, here are the pics and video.

Installed a dual exhaust system using 2.5" Pipes, cutting the old out after the first set of cats... flowmasters and stainless tips.

Still waiting for UPS to deliver wheel adapters Friday, will get the pics up of the ride with the new wheels Sat afternoon or Sun.

and the movie

Comment

Working...
                              X