$20 wal-mart car covers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20 wal-mart car covers...

i bought a couple of the wal-mart car covers that cost around $20. i would suggest the size 5 since the 4 doesnt cover it enough. if it were a size 5, it would cover and be held under the bumpers. i covered up Deuce and it dont cover as much as i would like. i stretched mine to where the seams start to pull and left it. need to get a couple bungees to strap it under the car. fits tight on the car lengthwise, but loose on the sides. thought i would put this info up since it is almost winter and some of us wont be driving our good panthers.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Cool, I could definitely use the info as I'm about to nicely wrap my Townie Car for the winter too. One question tho, why did you buy several car covers, do you plan on stacking two on top of each other?

Comment

i have Deuce covered and also plan on covering Baby for the winter. you might be able to get away with a 4 on the car you chopped the top on. i will go out and get pics to show everybody how Deuce looks covered
      Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM.

Comment

20 bucks you say???
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

it was just under $20 before tax for the cover at wal-mart. might have to have Scott get one for GMGT and your 2 door CV

Comment

Jim, is this the cover you got?
            http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4545196
            It only comes in three sizes, largest being 228" at the price of $40.

Comment

nope...sorry....here is a pic of the box

size 3
              size 4
              size 5
              all at about $20

i removed my antenna so i didnt have to worry about it poking thru
              Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Just a forewarning for you guys...

I've gone through one of those every winter with the Duece. The ice usually ends up tearing them towards the end of the season if you're not careful. They also let water soak through, but atleast they keep the salt off. I'd highly suggest getting some marine grade rope or something too, the string they give you to hold it in place with is crap.

Went and bought a 10 year warranty cover for her this winter. Got it at my work with my discount for $60, feels like the same quality, just layered a little better. It fits great though, very snug around the bumpers. Has a full elastic hem on it, and is double stitched. Says it blocks out rain... lol... but it feels and looks like the same thing the cheap-o's are made of.
                Last edited by murphmobile2; 11-08-2007, 07:14 PM.
                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Thanks Jim, I'll look them up tomorrow, I got me a Walmart literally across the street from where I work at.

Murph, my car hibernates under a carport, with some trees and bushes behind it, my Chevy on the right side, and the neighbours 4runner or Suburban LT on the left side, she's as sheltered from the elements as can get without being in a garage. She's currently covered with a huge fat tarp, so even if the carport roof leaks there will be no water entering the car, I mainly want the cover for neatness and protection from dust and shit thrown by the tires of the cars that drive by.

Comment

the reason i suggested the size 5 is so that it doesnt pull the seams so bad. dont go by the box how it say size 4.

Comment

Yea, your's is plenty protected then, lol.

And the size fours are pretty tiny... it's like those fat chicks you see walking around with "intertubes" around their waste.

Definately get a rope though to hold it down. I would highly recommend it, lol.

Comment

You need one with mirror pockets.

Comment

Can anybody suggest a good brand to look for or and most covers junky to start with? I want to find one for my fairlane since she'll be staying outside all winter and I want to keep it rust free.
                          -Matt
                          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Nitro, you'll more than likely have to order one from the internet that's made for your car.

Your car can still rust under the covers you get at department stores, they just don't have enough protection to fight against it.

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                              nope...sorry....here is a pic of the box

size 3
                              size 4
                              size 5
                              all at about $20

i removed my antenna so i didnt have to worry about it poking thru
                              I remember I bought the size 5 a year ago and it had mud all over it when I opened the box. I was pissed and took it back and got my money back.

Comment

Working...
                              X