Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out my "new" wheels (thanks David and Greg!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out my "new" wheels (thanks David and Greg!)

Aka 87gtVIC and 87lxcoupe, respectively. David knew Greg still had the rims for sale, and put me in touch with him - thanks!

In fact, once I *finally* got these rims on, I realized that my car was SERIOUSLY overdue for a washing, so naturally I had to do that - and found out the particular car wash I went through wasn't all that.

Anyway, lo and behold, here's what my car looks like with Greg's old rims.... I've got to say, the bright chrome contrast against black is pretty nice....

The link in my sig to my Reader's Ride page shows the car with the original wire hubcaps. (Speaking of which, is there any demand for those hubcaps -including the red center "caps" and the various hubcap retaining hardware, and the steelies which I think are 15x6?)

EDIT: And, even though I technically SHOULD have failed, I passed inspection. It's not a safety issue, just the tailpipe is rotted out with huge holes immediately aft of the rear wheel, but since nobody noticed..... I get to stall and hem and haw and take too long to think about what I want to do exhaust-wise...

But I digress... on to the pic! Bright sunlight makes the rims look shadowed in this pic, so I'll try to get a better shot later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by King_V; 07-04-2009, 02:35 PM.
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Nice car
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Hey no problem, and boy do they look good. :jawdrop: Really glad ya got them.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm kinda curious, how many 2Dr ownin' GMNers we got in NJ? You guys got the 2Dr market cornered!

Comment

I know I got mines and i have seen three others in town one prestine looks to be 87 merc like mine black but so much cleaner
          sigpic
          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I remember seeing a Grand Marquis Coupe in Burlington NJ, a sort of medium blue color, in a housing development called Sunset Ridge. This was around 2003 to 2005 when I lived in that neighborhood.

An ex-roommate of mine had a primer-black 87 Crown Vic coupe.

And, I could've sworn I'd just seen another box coupe a few days ago on the road somewhere, but only caught a quick passing glimpse.
            Last edited by King_V; 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM.
            Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.

Comment

Car looks really good!
              Former panther owner
              1981 CV 351 4bbl
              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

More pics please...
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

First thing I saw after I clicked the photo: "Hoooly shit that car looks good."

Comment

Whats funny is that those wheels transferred from one tudor to another!
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                      More pics please...
                      Ask and ye shall receive - though with the bright sunlight, well, the pics came out pretty good, but could've come out better (hard to overcome the sun-to-shaded area shadowing)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that looks like one rich damn neighborhood.

Comment

Did the little rust spots clean right up? I am sorta jealous of you. I should have picked those up.
                          ~David~

Comment

Nice! You should repaint the lower rocker trim, to make it black again.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                              Nice! You should repaint the lower rocker trim, to make it black again.
                              Speaking of that i wish i have used a bed liner paint to re-paint my rocker trims. On my car, especially the drivers side, it is a very high wear area, but not from rocks but from my big feet sliding in and out of the car. I needed something with a lot more durability.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X