A Spotlight Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Spotlight Question

Hey guys. I have a question on how to install a police spotlight on my p72. It does not have the spot light on it. I was just wondering how I would go about installing it. Here is the link to a spot light that I have found on Craigslist. http://greensboro.craigslist.org/pts/1485592811.html

You have to put a hole in the A piller...Usually a body shop can do it for ya

Comment

Oh okay. I wonder what the price would be for someone to do that? I wouldn't think it would be too much of a job.

Comment

Do you own a saber saw?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Its just a half inch hole with a screw on either side. Easy.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Oops. I meant, do you own a drill bit?

Guess I was thinking of the Whale cop cars where a notch is removed from the oversized door frame.

Comment

Speaking of whales, if you haven't already bought the one you found on Craigslist, I've got one you can have for the cost of shipping. It's the newer style black plastic one, so it might not look as nice as the chrome jobbie you found, but if you're interested, it's yours.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Ah, you finally pulled that off to help resist the temptation of pointing it at miscreants on campus?

Comment

Yeah, somewhat, lol. Mostly I just wanted it to look less like a cop car. Now I just need to find a spare moment to fabricate a patch to cover the hole in the A-pillar.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Oops. I meant, do you own a drill bit?

Guess I was thinking of the Whale cop cars where a notch is removed from the oversized door frame.
                    Yes I do have a drill bit. I would be afraid of water getting inside of the car. What about the plastic molding on the inside of the car? I would have to cut that piece out too right? I just don't want to fuck up something that I have never done before.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
                      Speaking of whales, if you haven't already bought the one you found on Craigslist, I've got one you can have for the cost of shipping. It's the newer style black plastic one, so it might not look as nice as the chrome jobbie you found, but if you're interested, it's yours.
                      I appreciate your offer. I don't know how the black one would look against a white car. I guess I could paint it white? Idk. I will keep you in mind though. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        Yes I do have a drill bit. I would be afraid of water getting inside of the car. What about the plastic molding on the inside of the car? I would have to cut that piece out too right? I just don't want to fuck up something that I have never done before.
                        Just drill all the way though everything. But make sure your angles right for the handle first.
                        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                        sigpic

Comment

there should be an outside attachment that you also screw on that the spotlight slides into, it should keep water out and helps keep the spotlight in place. it looks like it comes with it, you just need two metal screws to attach it.

Attached Files
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
                            Well the guy hasn't emailed me back. I asked for his number and no response. But anyways does you spot light have everything with it to install it with? I may just get this one from you.

Comment

Yeah, it's all there. I just pulled it off the car maybe two months ago. If you want pictures of it, check out my Readers' Rides thread for some pictures of the spotlight while it was still installed. I don't know how it would look on a box, but if you want it, it's yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X