EFI to Carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFI to Carb?

I want to ditch the EFI and all of the wires that go with it. Wait...because of all the wires that go with it.

Can I just use an intake/carb from a 351 cop car? I'm going to the junk yard and need to find a decent carb and intake setup. Any suggestions let me know.

A 351 manifold wont work on a 302. I'd say try to find an early eighties mustang with a 4bbl in the yard and grab it. You may get lucky and find it has an aftermarket manifold too. You dont want a 351 cop cars VV carb tho...

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Hell no on the 351W crap.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Ive got a Weiand action Plus 302 carb intake for a standard carb.
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I'm looking for real cheap. If performance comes with it, thats just a plus.

How much are ya askin?

Also, other than early mustangs, what else would have a carb/intake I can use?

Comment

Originally posted by Cogs
            I'm looking for real cheap. If performance comes with it, thats just a plus.

How much are ya askin?

Also, other than early mustangs, what else would have a carb/intake I can use?

REALLY early Mustang/Cougar/Comet/Torino/ etc....... or boat. The 1982-1985 Mustang/Capri intakes are almost free on E-Bay.

Comment

junkyards around me suck...I've been looking for an early 80s mustang and only found one but it was a frickin v6.

Comment

Use any small block (221, 255, 260, 289, 302) from 1962-1978. They should all be carb'd. Select models in various lines kept the carb, for the Ford/Merc Panther, it was up to '82 for a 302. Mustangs kept it up to '85 with 5-Speeds. Check T-Birds, Fairmonts, Grenadas, up to about '82ish you'll find a carb. And don't forget about F-Series, they had small-blocks available from '69+. Bronco's too. And the Mercury counterparts of the Ford Cars, there is a Capri (aka Mustang with funky rear window) in my local junkyard right now.

And as far as carb's, you'll want to aviod any electronically controlled carb if you don't like wires. That means no Panther VV for you, so don't look for a carb under Panther hoods. But you could still find an intake.

Of course, a Fairmont intake isn't going to win any races. Check eBay for used aluminum pieces, or buy one from someone on here. Just about everyone has one laying around left over from a project of some sort, including myself.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

those fox Capri's with the goofy rear Windows are getting rare!
                  YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Tell me about it. I own one.
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS
                    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

OOh cool I used to want one but now I have a Mk1 Ford capri anyhow lets give back the thread

Comment

Hmm, how about this one? It looks like a good deal.

Comment

who has the $$$ for that?

YEA UM OK SURE GOOD DEAL ???:nonono: yea I wish

Comment

Cheap Intake

Here is a dirt cheap early iron intake without EGR......

Comment

It works.........But DAMN it's heavy and it take's two to get it in and out

Comment

Working...
                              X