People with impala 2.5 tail pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with impala 2.5 tail pipes

I need pics of them inside your wheelwells. Before I buy some I have to make sure they will clear my tires. So Please bust out yours cameras for me.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Some pics of both sides. The passenger side pipe is a little closer to the tire than on the driver's side. These are 225/60/16" wheels on LSC turbines. I run a 1" spacer behind them. Stock panther wheels should have a pretty similar offset. Couldn't find the measuring tape, but a CD case should give you an idea of the spacing.
    Attached Files
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Flogging Molly... Good stuff

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

My Impala tails fit without any rubbing. (Sorry no pics to go with this info. It was kind of a custom installation because of my X-Pipe).

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

superlincs impy tails sit about teh same

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hmm. Let me find my camera and take pics of my stockers to show you what I mean. My tires are close due to their size.
            1989 Grand Marquis LS
            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

The main reason I used the impy tails was just for the over the axle. Mine are cut and modified after they go over the axle....You could do the same...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The part I need is over the axle though. Muffler shop would charge me 500 bux for a h pipe back I bet.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

I'll try and get a pic of mine..

Comment

no pics...but this vid has a good shot of the tailpipe on mine.
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/Mike%20R/exhaust.wmv

Comment

I'm gonna say you are just using this as an excuse to post the vid LOL! Sounds awesome man.

Comment

It's an old vid Blaze...and the only thing that shows the tails, Since they are hidden so well.

Comment

Working...
                        X