Fuel Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filter?

hey guys, the big issue im having is that I got 9 mpg on my last tank. Yikes!, I drive like a freakin granny to save every drop. I cut my cats out a few months ago and that helped alot, I have fresh plugs/rotor+cap on there, fresh oil in her, my tires are inflated nicely. I am (STILL) having a small idle problem it likes to idle high and crazy (and pretty much accelerate) itself when its started, it usually takes like 20-30 min for it to settle down (Ive changed my IAC, cleaned my tps, fresh o2 sensors)

The one thing I havent touched since I got "Big blue" was change the fuel filter, with my tank running on "E" most the time do you think its going to help alot to change it? Im also a complete rook when it comes to that, for the EFI is the filter near the tank? is it an easy job?

Im open to any suggestions, any time/money I can invest into raising my fuel economy will save my ass big time.

The filter is on the frame rail under the rear passenger side, 2 clips and 2 bolts hold it on. It's not too difficult to do. It's in a red plastic cover.

Sounds like a vacuum leak. I would also suggest the coolant temp sensor and the intake air charge sensor to increase milage.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

What he said. High idle is very often caused by a vacuum leak, which will also contribute to poor fuel economy.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

crap, thats no fun, thanks for the word guys.

Comment

Working...
        X