Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust

Hiyas,

I know exhaust treads have been done a million times... But i really need some good opions here... Besides any forum of Headeres atm, what type of exsaust should i get, that will be done at a shop for under 175$ Preety much evreything except my Y pipe is bad/gone.....

Im wanting to be quiet / Decent millage / Not really caring to much about h/p

Thanks mangs :->

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Go to the parts store and get a stock replacement muffler and tailpipe.

Cheap, not great for performance, and quiet. Mileage won't be much different.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Do NOT for any reason get a stock muffler....Stock tail and a stock y-pipe aren't too expensive, but at least geta better muffler....The stock replacements go down to like 1" on the inside...Just replacing the muffler, you will notice a huge difference in performance....

upgrading to a stock H-pipe and stock duals with a decent muffler won't cost too much.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I just checked the price of a stock replacement muffler at Advance, and they want $75 for it. That said, go with what mrltd said about the muffler. Super Turbos are pretty quiet and cheap.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Even a 2 chamber flowmaster will be very quiet on an otherwise stock exhaust...

example 1st gear the whole time...Stock single exhaust with a 2.25" flowmaster 2 chamber...

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
            Even a 2 chamber flowmaster will be very quiet on an otherwise stock exhaust...

example 1st gear the whole time...Stock single exhaust with a 2.25" flowmaster 2 chamber...
            Even quieter than that is a Flowmaster Delta 50. they are a lot quieter than a 40. Im gonna replace my 40's with some 50's
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Now thats preety dern queit... What about cat's Suposedley they cant take them compley off any more, so i might have to get some sort of new cat's Any recomendation for this? 2 chamber flow master muffler And a tail pipe so far :-D
              People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Never could take cats off....Big no-no from the EPA...the 4 can be replaced with 2 though.

Comment

I only got two, and both are cloged... we dont have emmisions test here... I just dont know squat about Exhaust.. :-/ And dont they usualy run like 100$ a pice?

Comment

Nope, more like 45 bucks

Comment

! thats not bad, so two cat's a two chamber flow muffler and a tail pipe for now ;-P Any one got a around price range? So when i go to have it done ill know if im getting screwed? And yea i know they all say " Depends on what needs to be done so i cant give yea a ball park figure" But when funds get limited so does work.. :-/

Comment

y pipe is 27 bucks, tails are 28 bucks...Stock H is 85 bucks.... all from advance auto (partsamerica)

Comment

I got the y pipe still so with the cat's and the tail pipe it's about 118 maybey at the shope 130 or so? Humm verry interesting. Thanks mang. :-D

Comment

You should spend a bit more and go for the stock h-pipe. My old Vic had the stock exhaust, complete with 4 cats, y-pipe, and stock muffler, and it sucked horendously. It sounded like a weak V6 and was very restricting. Go with 2 summit cats(they're cheap), stock h-pipe, and 2" summit turbos are $35 each(the 2.5" turbos are $15). Going with a dual exhaust will help you gain more power and better fuel economy. Win-Win.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Humm, if i would do it my self with this stuff, do i have to know how to weld. and how can i take my cat's off?

Comment

Working...
                              X