trany,engine,cfi???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trany,engine,cfi???

Ok so i been noticing more and more how when i go to a stop.. my car will die.. But now if i dont go hard on the brakes it dosent... And only other thing ive noticed, is the fuel pump sounds like it dies down then comes back, surging so to speak...

What is causing this? It;s embarsing as hell...

Also it only does it when the engine is warm. and the idle done went down..
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

i still think your egr valve is sticky try driving with the hose plugged off of it and see if it still does it.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

allrighty, so just plug both ends hu?
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

If that doesn't work try manually downshifting to 'L' when you come to a stop. It could be your valvebody in the transmission sticking, putting too much load on the engine and killing it.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I been having it in d, when in city's ( which is where it does it via stoping ), so should i put it in 1st? ive got OD D and 1

Comment

When you're coming to a stop, slip it down to first. My wagon did that while it was auto. Turns out it was sticking in second gear so the excess load at idle was causing it to bog down and kill.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

took the vacume line loose from the egr.. Droped it into first at stops... Tried to raise both idel screwes.... And NADA worked :-/ Ugha... Any one else got a tip? Could it be fuel pressure? If it would be fuel pressure why woldent it do it in N of P?

: Tears hair out to this embarising shit..::::

Comment

remove the cfi unit and pull the egr spacer out. chisel all the carbon crap out of the spacer plate, and clean the holes up in the plate where the egr valve mounts to. re-install it with new gaskets. that should fix the egr problem. also check the parking brake release thing if its got one. they usually go bad and cause a vacuum leak. plug the hoses to it and you might just fix the problem.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X