AOD Governors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOD Governors?

Is there anyplace or way to get a governor that won't shift till about 5200rpm in my AOD?

The governor from a mustang AOD should take care of the problem.

Comment

:stupid:

I also hear the transgo HP knocks it up a bit
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

'stang AOD governors are like 4800 rpm, the Transgo one is I think 5200 or thereabouts.

I actually need to install my HO governor. Right now it does a 1-2 at 4150, and a 2-3 at like 3700 rpm, which really sucks. Annoyingly, I have the part i, just need to find the time to install it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The Trans Go hi-rev governor is listed for 5500 rpm shiftpoints. With my wide ratio gears the shift points get multiplied so im just using the regular stang governor, it'll still wring out to 6k if i let it

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I usually end up holding it in first till 5200 and it works out better if I hold it in second till about 5500.

Before I rebuilt my tranny it used to glitch and hold first untill like 7grand lol :coocoo:

I replaced the gorvernor when I did the rebuild and now it shits as such; 1-2 @ 4900-5000, 2-3 @ 4800-4900, 3-4 @ 4700. I replaced it with a new Ford Crown Vic governor so I guess they updated them to perform better.

Comment

use the aod hp shift kit if you want higher wot shifts

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I fiddled with the TV cable on mine some and now it shifts around 4700. Big improvement over how it acted before.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah increasing the trans pressure will do that. Another better way to do it is to mount the cable farther out from the pivot point so that the high pressure is higher but the regular driving pressure is still good.

Comment

Working...
                  X