Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noises

Alright well I thought it was the airpump but it wasn't. There is this like scratchy griny noise. Off and on.. chUrr. .chUrrr. chUrrr....... chUrr.. What the hell is that.

There is also a buzzing noise coming from under the diver side fender. It kinda sounds like an electrical buzz.:ashamed:

And if you unplug the spark plugs one by one, will knocking go away comeplety if it's a piston? (If you have all the cyl with bad pistons knocking)
    Last edited by BlackHawkA4; 02-26-2006, 02:43 PM.
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

It wasn't buzzing so I didn't get that.
    Last edited by BlackHawkA4; 02-26-2006, 05:52 PM.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Comment

Sounds like a dead bearing in one of the accessories. Pull the belts off and spin the accessories by hand. If its that loud, you'll feel/hear it spinning stuff by hand. Alt on my truck failed like that, made a horrible racket. My guess would be alternator, idler/tensioner pulley, or AC clutch.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

When spinning by hand my A/C compressor's clutch used to give out a scratching sound, was due to some surface rust though, no bad bearings.

About the electric buzzing noise, where's your ignition coil? My MSD coil gives out a sound that can drive you crazy if you pay it too much attention, so I just ignore it

Comment

Youz crazy manG!~
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yeah, I listened to both sound clips..... the first one sounds like a bearing noise, I would guess either the A/C belt tensioner, water pump bearing or Alternator bearing.
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I think it's the AC. When I installed the new belt it was too loose at first and I didn't hear the noise. Than I tightened it up and it came back. I didn't think anything of it till now, that it happened like that. Could I use the bearing from my air pump for the AC and or waterpump?

4 Door Muscle
              Supermotors

Comment

No. The AC clutch has to be replaced, or the water pump needs to be replaced. Check the idler pulley. They fail more often than AC clutches do, and they're a lot cheaper.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Is that the little on that is connected to the same belt as the AC?

4 Door Muscle
                  Supermotors

Comment

Yep, the small flat pulley on a stamped steel swing arm - two bolts hold it to your A/C bracketry.

Comment

Alright. That's what I thought it was till someone suggested the AC. Couldn't really tell where it was coming from. I'm sure it's that than. Sounded more in that direction. I'll check it out tomorrow. Do I need a new one or can i just lube it up or something?

4 Door Muscle
                      Supermotors

Comment

I took off both belts. Still makes the noise.
                        :stfub:

4 Door Muscle
                        Supermotors

Comment

Well I've come to a conclusion.

There is a cat in my motor. It knocks it's skull on the block and scratches at it. It hisses at me and it shall soon die.

end of story.

4 Door Muscle
                          Supermotors

Comment

Maybe the starter is fucked up and the noise is the starter drive scraping on the flexplate. Or one of those dust shields around the bellhousing is crushed and rubbing the flexplate. Long bolt rubbing somewhere, the timing pointer bent inward and rubbing on the balancer. hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                              Maybe the starter is fucked up and the noise is the starter drive scraping on the flexplate. Or one of those dust shields around the bellhousing is crushed and rubbing the flexplate. Long bolt rubbing somewhere, the timing pointer bent inward and rubbing on the balancer. hard to say.

My starter gear was flopping out and when it hit the flywheel it made a loud banging sound. It never scraped against it. But I guess anything is possible. Regardless something is scraping, I second checking the timing pointer and the flexplate cover.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
                              X