another thing i got a question i want a throttle body spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another thing i got a question i want a throttle body spacer

Any one know where i can get a throttle body spacer for my CFI and is there anything i can do to besidesa engine swap or carb conversion for more power
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

I couldnt tell you if it would make a difference at all..

I say convert to carb
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Probably a 2bbl carb spacer will work just fine. Its the same bolt pattern as the CFI throttle body. No idea what (if anything) it would do for power but I really doubt it would hurt anything. You might get more out of the CFI if you do a nice intake. A dual plane 4bbl intake with a 2bbl adapter will do the trick. Exhaust is also a big help.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Other than what gadget just suggested, your pretty limited to what you can do with a CFI system as far as power goes. Personally I would convert to carb or EFI.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Is a CFI system not tuneable at all? Can you not increase injector size or anything?
          Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

I don't think so
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

could i just get a2bbl carb and put it on
              sigpic
              1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Why waste the time with a 2bbl? If you have one available, you could... but I'd say go ahead with the 4bbl if you're gonna do it.
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Let's get down to it here. What are you looking for in your engine? More performance? Better Fuel economy? Is your CFI giving you shit? If it's economy, you ain't gonna get it with a 2bbl. I'm pulling 14-16 MPG with mine, and I'm pretty dissapointed with it. The car will fly when you put the pedal to the floor though. 2bbls can be modified to flow around 450 CFM, but then again, you could just get a 4bbl to do the same thing.

Tell us what you want and we can help you. If you want to put a 2bbl on just to replace a badly functioning CFI then you might as well just go 4bbl.
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                    Let's get down to it here. What are you looking for in your engine? More performance? Better Fuel economy? Is your CFI giving you shit? If it's economy, you ain't gonna get it with a 2bbl. I'm pulling 14-16 MPG with mine, and I'm pretty dissapointed with it. The car will fly when you put the pedal to the floor though. 2bbls can be modified to flow around 450 CFM, but then again, you could just get a 4bbl to do the same thing.

Tell us what you want and we can help you. If you want to put a 2bbl on just to replace a badly functioning CFI then you might as well just go 4bbl.
                    Exactly. The 2bbl swap i did was a horrible waste of money, but a stepping stone in my conversion to a 4bbl.

Ask scott. the 4bbl conversion will move pretty well...

Comment

I want what everybody craves POWER AND SOME GET UP AND GO
                      sigpic

Comment

Go 4bbl
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

can you tell me what i exactly need to make it run fuctionally
                          sigpic

Comment

If I ever decide to pull the motor out of my GMGT, ill sell you the carb/intake/lokar setup...

Comment

4bbl is mostly overkill on a stock 5.0, especially on a CFI motor. Stick a good 2bbl on it and it'll be happier. Too much carb = wasted fuel. You need vacuum to make it run, and if you over-carb it you'll actually lose speed when you get it fully cranked open. It'll spit raw fuel out the tails and it'll wash down the cylinder walls causing lack of lubrication and accelerated engine wear. So basicly, don't over-do your fuel system. 390 cfm 4bbl is fine, or a good 2bbl but I'd really not reccomend anything bigger.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X