Ran my KOEO test Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran my KOEO test Need Help

Hey guys gals i ran my KOEO Test today And ive got to wat to run the KOER Due to i dont have a timeing light atm.

Here are the numbers and the meaning

23 = TP Throttle position sensor - signal voltage out of self-test specification

34 = EGR Valve Postion (EVP) Sensor or Pressure FeedBack EGR (PFE) Sensor : Signal voltage out of self-test specification
    or,
    Signal voltage above closed limit dureing normale engine run operation,
    or,
    Signal indicates insufficient EGR flow.

67 = Inpropper signals are being recived from either the Neutral Drive Switch(NDS) Neutral gear Switch(NGS) Neutral Pressuare Switch (NPS) Clutch Switch(CS) Manual lever Postion(MLP)Sensor or Air conditioner Clutch (ACC)
    Or,
    A/C on dureing Self test

85 = Canister Purge (Canp)Solenoid - circuit failure
    or,
    Transaxle problem - 3/4 Shift Solenoid circuit failure,
    Or,
    Electronic control assembly (ECA) Status - Adeptive "lean" Limit reached in fuelcontrol program

I also ran it yesterday and it gave me a
    63 which = Tthrottl postion (TP) sensor - signal voltage is to low

Any one know what all this means what is wrong with my car or how to fix it?

My AC is not hooked up if that has anything to do with it.
    And my Exsaust like i said before is shot, i prob need a new o2 sensor, but im not to good at reading theese things so any help would be aprecated

Thanks,
    Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Don't need a timing light for the KOER test...

Sounds like you either have alot of bad wiring or alot of bad components...

Bad TPS, clogged egr valve, or bad EGR sensor....start with those. replace the TPS and pull the EGR and see if it has a lot of gunk built up in it.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Dont you have to order the TPS from ford?
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

nope. any parts place will have it.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Cool,Ah the bad wireing reminds me that i have a short a preety big one somewhere, which will drain my battery preety quick if i dont run my car at least ounce a day. Any one know a way to run down a short? I did the Wiggle test with my computer reader.and no matter which fuse i wiggled it would beeeep. So could this explane anything?

As well as back to the timeing light. My computer reader book say's i have to check the timing before i can do the KOER test, it's got a order it has to be done in..... KOEO Timing KOER, i dont know if theres a way to bi pass it. but i did try to just do the KOER and it did squat HA HA. :-/ Any how thanks agine and im still on it.

O does any one know what the ground wire thats connected to a bolt on the front passenger side of the car, right below the hood Above the fan pannel Any one know what this wire is for?

Thanks agine Mr LTD
          Dark

Comment

replace the tps and the egr position sensor......the second is bolted to the egr valve........both those sensors commonly fail........dont worry about the other codes

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Cool, Getting up a ride right now to get to the nearest Auto Zone, By chance are there any Sp. tools needed for this, like the o2 sensor( Needing a sp. plug puller)? Ima look it up in my book anyways though, but thanks agine guys. :->

Comment

Not really. TPS is held down with 2 phillips screws, the EGR positon sensor has regular hex head bolts, 1/4" or 3/16 or something like that.

For the evap purge code, check the wiring for it. The purge solenoid is located near the battery on the fender, kinda hanging from a vacuum hose. I think the wiring runs along the vacuum hose and gets near the belt for the AC. Just make sure the connector is plugged in and the wiring isn't trashed. Its not a major fault code so long as the solenoid is closed. Usually if they fail, they fail closed so you're probably OK. Pull the solenoid off the hose that vanishes under the battery. If no suction with the motor running, don't worry about it. If there is, cap the vacuum line off.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool thanks Gadget,

Well i went to auto zone and i got my tp ordered but coldent oreder the EGR due to they usualy keep it in stock and they where out. :-/ Maybey they will have it when i go to pick it up

If that's all that is wrong with my car under the hood im preety good to go then., Can any one inform me of what the KOER test will run? Alt. volt reg.? wireing? o2 sensor? Any of theese by chance? And can any one tell me how to bipass the timeing test in order to run the KOER test?

Thanks agine.

Dark :->

Comment

Hey guys, Well i got the new egr position sensor put on today and i can tell a diffrence. I also noticed something when i was puting it on and that was that i have another cut line, it's right beside the egr position sensor on the passengers side. ive got it umm. " Pluged " for the moment but do any of you know what this is?

And i was woundering if some one could tell me where the TPS is located. so when it comes in i wont have trouble finding it )

Agine thanks guy's / Gals

Comment

TPS is located on the top of the throttle body. Look where the air intake hose is, its the small black thing right on the top.

Can you get a pic of the cut line or describe where it seems to go, colors, something?

The KOEO is mostly stored codes. Its not the absolute most reliable thing to go on. The KOER test checks all the sensors and solenoids and the assorted other fun crap. I think it also does stuff with the fuel mix to check the oxygen sensor's response and plays with the idle to check that system. Its generally a more reliable test to go on. Clear the KOEO codes, drive around for a while, and re-check them before doing the KOER test. See what you have left and go from there.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Done, deal.

Ill get some pic's of these cut wires vacum lines or whatever. ive got the vacum lines pluged though atm.

Comment

This is the little bugger ) And on my pcv valve the Upper hose is cut off as well/. could that be what this line goes two? o and that pcv line is pluged and driping oil as well. :-(

Any how thanks guys,

Comment

If your pointing to that whole assembly, its actually the egr valve and egr position sensor. It looks like the valve has either broke or someone has messed with it because that vacumm line should not be plugged, its the egr valve's source of vacumm. The pcv valve's vacumm line should not be plugged either. I would check all of the vacumm lines also so you don't end up hunting down constant vacumm leaks later.

The tps is in a different location vs. 86-91 box panthers since they use sefi, but it should be mounted right into CFI throttle body also.
                            Last edited by 87mefull; 06-27-2006, 09:26 PM.
                            Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
                            2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
                            Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
                            Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Humm, The actual thing i was referingto is what i was holding ) it's a vacume line.. but i dont know if it goes anywhere, so i pluged it.... Shold i take my plug back out? or can any one tell me where it goes?

Comment

Working...
                              X