Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace most AC parts in 1991 GM

Hi,
    I've been without AC for a couple of years here in Houston. I just got in parts to replace. I bought them off of Ebay and thought they were reasonable priced. I figure do it in the Fall/Winter so the heat don't beat me down during the install. I hope to install a new Four Seasons AC compressor, drier, evaporator and a Spectra condenser.
    I figure I can buy the hoses at NAPA or AZ if need be.

The AC compressor says it is filled and sealed with Ice 32. Whatever that is?
    I assume that it is not refrigerant.

How long might it take to do a complete installation?

Then I have to work on the plenum door fix. How long to do the repair using a finish nail fix?

Then have to work on the both drivers side power windows.

As always I thank you all for the great advice and education.
    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original
Working...
X