Chrome Molding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome Molding

I need some replacement molding around the wheels and under the doors on my car but i cant seem to get my hands on anything here in CT! Does anyone have a supplier I could talk to?
    1982 Crown Vic LTD.
    Pwr Windows
    Shag carpeting
    Pristine Vinyl
    wood dash
    5.0 302
    Creme colour
    Foreign Hub caps
    Lots o' Rust!

IN addition to my first post!, I am having a hell of a time trying to get the molding off of my dam car. I have tried unscrewing them but there are a few that just dont want to budge. I even tried boring them out but low and behold they are made of hardened steel and dulled all my drill bits. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove them? The heads on them are rounded also so i couldnt take a wrench to them and I tried using some liquid wrench stuff but there really isnt any rust on them.
    1982 Crown Vic LTD.
    Pwr Windows
    Shag carpeting
    Pristine Vinyl
    wood dash
    5.0 302
    Creme colour
    Foreign Hub caps
    Lots o' Rust!

Comment

Yup, good old stainless steel screws...good luck!

I have a new old stock fender trim...don't remember which location it is though. The junkyard is your best bet, or ebay.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

LOL we just stripped them of were going to smooth the Box out! they were messed up bad anyway
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

If you are not saving the trim you can do like I did and rip the trim off, If you pry around the screw holes the trim will tear rather easy. After its all off I used vise-grips and tried getting them out. If that doesnt work, get a dremel or grinder with a cut-off disk and cut the heads off as close to the fender as you can. Then take a punch and smack the rest of the screw out.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Um I saw a brand new set of wheel trim on Ebay the other day. If I get time I'll look for you and get you link.
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

That would be a big help mang. There are only a few junkyards near me and none of them seem to have junked crown vics/lincolns/grand marqs (hard to believe).
              1982 Crown Vic LTD.
              Pwr Windows
              Shag carpeting
              Pristine Vinyl
              wood dash
              5.0 302
              Creme colour
              Foreign Hub caps
              Lots o' Rust!

Comment

Working...
              X