da bling-bling redneck factor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

da bling-bling redneck factor...

Nevermind the rust, it'll get taken care of some time in the near future...

I still ain't a huge fan, mang...

But it's your car....
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

dear god thats just wrong man...
      jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Ya I am going to have to say raw pipe looks better.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Nothing wrong with being different

I thought about running trans am tips on my car dumped behind the rear wheels.
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

dare to be different!!!!

those tips almost give a mad max effect - hhmmm....
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
              those tips almost give a mad max effect - hhmmm....
              Well, where do you think I got the idea of it?

Zwack, the raw pipes might look better to you, but those tips do sound much better to me - it has a nice powerful rumble at idle and low rpms, gets real loud when I get on it (perfect for annoying other drivers when passing them), and when I step off the gas it gives out that awesome powerful "grrr", I absolutely love it

83tc, what's wrong - the tips, the whole exhaust setup, or the overall look of the car? As I've said before I'm going for hot-rod looks, if I wanted a lowrider I'd work on a '70s Grand Marquis tudor, and I'm not really fond of the donk-styled vehicles anyways. Of course I can keep it all original-looking, but I'm and negineering major and that's just no fun

Comment

Side exits on a 4 door = :nonono:
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i prefer sleeper status.......most of the dual setups i have done,you cant see the exhaust tips, they tuck nicely inder the rear of the car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Sleeper status... I'd love to get my hands on a '91 Townie, supercharge the engine, drop some badass 4R75W-based wide-ratio AOD in it, and build an adjustable suspension so I can switch between "sporty" and "cruiser" settings with the push of a button - talk about a sleeper

Comment

You do know that water is gonna collect in those, both from rain and from the water in the exhaust system right?
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nope, no water problem - they have small drain holes in the lowest part of the pipes, all tips of that design that I've seen have them for that reason.

Comment

Ah! cool
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

ivan-id say use those tips, but dump behind the rear wheels and flip em to point down...the car is the shiznit, but you need an exploded muppet on your dash like me, lol, slap on some 235/60/15 in front, some 255/50/15 out back, grab some rattle can touch up paint close to the original blue and paint the white front to match a little better, and your good, im diggin the scoop mang, i just bought the same one....keep at it, your doin some cool shit
                            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Nah, dumps behind the rear wheels aren't my thing, now everybody and their mom has them, and they also look kinda goofy to me - it's either where they are now, or all the way back, and I think I'm gonna keep 'em as is. The rear tires are 255/60-15 and are not getting changed any time soon, the front though will get some 235/60-15 or 255/50-15 (haven't decided yet) once I figure out why my camber goes to hell when I put in reverse (wheels sit like that "|- -|" when going forward, and like that "/- -\" when in reverse) and take care of that issue.

The exploded muppet thing is not exactly for me, all that fur won't really match the bucket seats I have in there - something velvetish will be good though, especilly if I find good seat covers in the same style - maybe some leopard skin stuff? How is that muppet-thing held to your dashpad, is it glued on it?

Paint... front stays the same, I like the way it looks with the header panel white, rust will be removed to the best of my abilities, scoop stays black, bottom of the sides of the car gets sprayed with black bedliner, and that's about it. May not be the prettiest thing out there, but it will be functional and will have some kind of style to it

Comment

Working...
                              X