New Beginings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Beginings

I had a chance to take some more pictures of the tudor today after I finished up by-passing the egr coolant lines. I replaced some other old cracked hoses as well while I was crawling around under the hood. The paint isn't the best, it has white streaks on it, but I might be able to buff it out. The vinyl is in good shape too so I want to find something to clean and then protect it with. I think after a set of brakes up front she'll be ready for inspection. Still combing over the car. I found a trunk popper and a light under the hood today, I find something new every time I look around.

-Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

good lookin!
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

mang Im so glad you wound up with this cherry. I wanted to send gabe some cash to get it and hold it for me but that woulda been an ordeal its in good hands now
      If you ever have to get rid of it keep me in mind
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I love that interior Cars looking good matt

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Very nice ride!
          Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
          Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. I got a new camera for christmas so after I get some more work done Ill post some updates. Got a brand new MK VII computer too ($15 off ebay shipped!)
            -Matt

Comment

I was kind of disappointed when I saw that it sold...Because I was going to try to talk Mom into going in half-n-half with me...But then I saw it in your sig, and was relieved. 'Cause that was one helluva sale right there.

Keep up the progress with it Matt!

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

That is nice. You got a good deal man!
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Looks clean and straight. Congrats.
                  The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
                  The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
                  The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

Comment

Nice 2 door, I wish my interior was in that good of shape. The vinyl top is in great shape too. What type of options does it have, it looks like it has the same package that mine 2 door has except the leather interior? I had a front sway bar, 3.27 open rear, all power (except pass seat), same digital clock, trunk popper, and a non-premium sound am/fm tape deck stock?

The paint was faded the same way on the trunk of my 2 door, I lightly wet-colorsanded it to get the paint to be one color again. There is 2-3 coats of wax on the trunk so it look like new along with one coat of wax on the rest of the car. You can get the bumpers to shine again if you mix aluminum and chrome polish, it works well if you have a buffer.
                    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
                    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
                    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
                    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Actually, I have premium sound and a power passenger seat, just no leather. Its a lot different from my bare bones 91.

I'm going to try hitting the paint with a clay bar tomorrow and see what happens, if it doesn't help I can still use it on other cars so its not a loss.
                      -Matt

Comment

Weird that it has a gray top. Use Aerospace 303 on it to protect it after cleaning.
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Awesome coupe man. Congrats on teh purchase.
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

very nice!
                            that interior looks great!
                            great pics...
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Tried some clay bar and wax on the paint today and I think its about hopeless, whatever happened to it is going to take some work to get it off. But I've got the time to mess with it. I also blew apart one of the heater core hoses, ooops.
                              -Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X