Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sly
    replied
    The LEDs I put in my 93 aren't any brighter than anything on the road made by OEMs. In fact, these LEDs aren't even as bright as the LEDs on OE vehicles right now. The main reason for that? Mine are NOT FKN PROJECTORS! Mine actually disperse the light so you can read road signs as well as see the deer a block away instead of just the horizon and potholes on the road. I HATE projectors. The LEDs I got put the LEDs in the same position as the filament and are set to fire sideways only so they are actually less blinding than the stock halogens as they disperse more left and right and less up and down The hot spots are in the exact same location as the halogens but brighter and actually throw light down the road. If they didn't do that, I would have put the halogens back. The current generation of aftermarket LEDs are actually pretty good in some cases. Much better than the crap they were selling a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Great, glad you did your research. There are far more important "crimes" for law enforcement to deal with. Being a clear bulb helps. Blue ones get the wrong attention. If law enforcement wants to give someone a hard time for something, it certainly can be done without issuing a ticket.
    Sorry I deleted that post but what it basically boils down to is a stock 9007 bulb is about 1000 lumens, Sylvania says these are 1000-1100. I have them properly adjusted so they certainly won't be in anyone's eyes on low. They are white and from what I can find white and amber are just fine, it just seems odd the box says you can use them as fog lights but advises against using them in headlights. I imagine they're just doing that to cover their butts.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    Great, glad you did your research. There are far more important "crimes" for law enforcement to deal with. Being a clear bulb helps. Blue ones get the wrong attention. If law enforcement wants to give someone a hard time for something, it certainly can be done without issuing a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
    I put a set of Sylvania Zevo LED headlights in the LSE today, and Wow! They’re bright. The box says “Not DOT approved for fog light and off road use only.” Which I don’t get. I know many people who have been running LED lights for years and none of them have ever been hassled over them.
    I can agree with the non DOD approval. Those lights are bright. They exceed the DOD allowable candle power and can be blinding to oncoming traffic. If they have a blue appearance, they can be confused at a distance with police blue lights. I personally hate those lights. People get away with using them however if law enforcement wants to stop you for something, they now have probable cause for stop and to issue a citation. I don't know about you but I do not want to see a LEO at my car window for anything.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    I put a set of Sylvania Zevo LED headlights in the LSE today, and Wow! They’re bright. The box says “Not DOT approved for fog light and off road use only.” Which I don’t get. I know many people who have been running LED lights for years and none of them have ever been hassled over them.

Leave a comment:

• tbear853
    replied
    Good deal.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    I did the EATC o rings yesterday, took me about an hour and everything is working fine now.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Barring any rubbed holes in vacuum lines, that should sort it.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    I replaced the check valve on the firewall tonight with a Motorcraft replacement, part # YG-353 and that didn't change anything. Looks like it's the EATC o-rings. I found out a guy I work with has already re done the o-rings in his '03 so here in a week or two he's going to help me do mine, hopefully that solves the problem.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by packman View Post
    I don't know how I missed this. That's what the AG's office told me when I had to deal with an ID theft case in north Jersey. Basically told me "good luck with that". That was 21 years ago; perhaps things are different now.
    Sounds like the AG is in the mobs pocket. That's another problem we have in this country, the Feds need to stop protecting mobsters as informants and put them in prison.

Leave a comment:

• packman
    replied
    They listen in a hurry here, or else people lose their jobs. I've been through it before. I bet they'd listen up there too after the AG threatened to put a boot in someones ass, which is exactly how it works down here. Why can't the damn cops just follow the law? That would make life easier on everyone.
    I don't know how I missed this. That's what the AG's office told me when I had to deal with an ID theft case in north Jersey. Basically told me "good luck with that". That was 21 years ago; perhaps things are different now.

Leave a comment:

• tbear853
    replied
    might make a good weekend project provided no soldering is involved.
    I don't see any soldering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtfucNa6R_o

If your car doesn’t blow air out of the main vents even when you tell it to, chances are this is your issue. It’s a cheap fix which is nice because a replace...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43OlvWP0x8

I see my '01 is gonna be a little more involved if/when needed but still very easy. I been soldering stuff since just a tyke in the '50s following Dad on service calls ... even still use his old Weller.

This time around, I’ll show you how to repair your EATC unit for less than $10. Climate control switching on its own intermittently or simply refusing to bl...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsDs-N1mvE
    Last edited by tbear853; 08-03-2021, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VicCrownVic
    replied
    '02+ is really easy to do o-rings on. '01-down has the metal frame of the actuator assembly in the way which requires breaking 4 spot welds. You can leave the spot welds broken if you don't have tools to re-weld them or JB Weld might work.
    There is some discussion on this topic in sick88tbird's thread: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...cement-finally on this topic including a link to the '02+ vacuum actuator retrofit for pre-'02 cars ('96?-'01) http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post839773.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by tbear853 View Post
    I looked at you tube, those O-rings look pretty dang easy, I ordered a few just to have on hand in case they are ever needed for my '01. Looks like I'll get about 100 for $6.
    It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a write up or video on it. For some reason I was thinking it was a royal pain that involved desoldering and re-soldering certain components to get to all the o-rings.

I’ll have to look into it again, might make a good weekend project provided no soldering is involved.

Edit: I did some more research, turns out there is still a check valve under the hood near the firewall in 2002. I’m going to check that first.
    Last edited by mercurygm88; 08-03-2021, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X