PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: My '85 MGM, "Maisa"

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

basically the vacuum thing fights the spring in the hockey puck. Don't remember the specifics but basically the vacuum thing tries to pull the high idle cam out of contact, but the spring in the hockey puck tries to keep it there when cold. If the vac doesn't work it won't ever pull the high idle cam out of contact.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    basically the vacuum thing fights the spring in the hockey puck. Don't remember the specifics but basically the vacuum thing tries to pull the high idle cam out of contact, but the spring in the hockey puck tries to keep it there when cold. If the vac doesn't work it won't ever pull the high idle cam out of contact.
    It probably works just as it should, it just seemed that the vacuum pull-off was already bottomed out but it wouldn't pull it off the cam all the way.
    The pull-off shaft won't go in so far as to click it off the lowest step.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High idle cam.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	56476
    It just rests on the little nub that the arrow points at. It had a little bit of pressure on the nub for a while, but when the spring starts warming up the nub eventually moves away from the pull-ff shaft.
    Last edited by Arquemann; 06-13-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    2008 BMW 530d Touring, "Femma"

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

sounds right, just tweak the hockey puck if you need it to stay on high idle longer. Since you don't drive it in the winter its really not a major concern.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819