PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2001 crown vic

2 decades of DDing Box Panthers, now in a Whale VicCrownVic's Avatar

Good suggestions from Tom in order to track down major problem(s).

How does the coolant look? I wonder if it was properly flushed when the new radiator was installed.
    Also, make sure the condenser isn't clogged with dandelion seeds, dirt, and debris. No or restricted air flow isn't going to help cooling.
    If the thermostat wasn't replaced it may be a good idea to just throw one at it since they are cheap and easy on a '98.
    Last on my simple list, but probably would have been noticed, does the fan work?
    Vic

~ 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - returning sometime in the 2020s, I finally have an engine
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - Rotting Retired Winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

I've got no idea lol, he said he couldn't track it down and so I assume he started throwing parts at it, I have records of the fan and fan motor being replaced, the coolant is bright green

It's got a blown head gasket, if you start it with that coolant cap off it bubbles out fast, the thing isn't running so hot right now either, what are the more expensive pieces on this thing that I should pull for my vic, its a 98 grand marquis

GMN Regular

Pull the trunk carpet from the GM, if it's nice and clean. I pulled the trunk carpet (great condition without stains) from a whale GM for my '94 CV.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

���� the truck has sitting water and smells, I guess I never looked in it

I've got the new doors and a bonus the mgm had a sway bar! ,Ill gets some pic tomorrow, Now I've got new questions, 1st are all eary pats keys the same? I drove a 02 thunderbird and I thought the key looked cooler than my aftermarket pats key, 2nd the sound system, can the can aftermarket speakers sound good on the stock radio, I'm not a huge fan of how aftermarket radios look or touch screens, thanks

fomoco panthers !

I have aftermarket speakers in some cars. The key is to buy decent quality speakers. I am talking quality in construction and the ability to handle just a LITTLE more than what you need. Even a cheap basic factory radio can sound better with the right speakers.
    I deal with Sonic Electonix online or Crutchfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    I have aftermarket speakers in some cars. The key is to buy decent quality speakers. I am talking quality in construction and the ability to handle just a LITTLE more than what you need. Even a cheap basic factory radio can sound better with the right speakers.
    I deal with Sonic Electonix online or Crutchfield.
    Ok now I have more questions lol, would it be better to got with a 5x7 or a 6x8, because it recommends both, I've never done any of this kind of stuff lol

Also what coil packs are you guys running I've seen mixed reviews on accel, Grantelli, and msd, and some people just say buy motorcraft

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
    Ok now I have more questions lol, would it be better to got with a 5x7 or a 6x8, because it recommends both, I've never done any of this kind of stuff lol
    What was in the spot from the factory ? The reason I say this is it is easier to install. Just screw into existing holes. Just have to make sure the depth of the new speakers do not get in the way of things like power window actuators. One thing I like about Crutchfield, If you buy from them, they include the installation kit/adapters free. You have to ask for it. They also have phone support to help with your selection, purchase and installation. Make sure you use really good wiring connectors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210409-234059_Gmail.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	56093 (wait till all those parts in the trunk see this!)

Also, my complaint with the sound system can be easily solved, because both driver side speakers are blown?, if I move the tuner to the left sound is quiet and staticy, to the right it sounds good

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ok_story_share
    Idk if it's real but anybody in Iowa? If I Had not just bought that mgm I'd be there

Broke my dipstick tube today �� can't seem to find one, are the 03+ the same? They have different part numbers

Dip stick tube out, and the bottom chunk punched in then pulled out the drain hole, tho there is a tap in there I can't fine, so my oil capacity is ever so slightly changed, didn't find a new tube, pulled the parts cars out, and hammered in into mine!

Was reading, for the sw headers people were talkin pulling the starter and lifting the engine, I said nah to that here I am 5 hours later all bolts tight

How hot do you guys think these headers will get?, I have dei cool tubes on my fuel lines and my evap line, fuel lines are maybe a 1/2-3/8 in away, but my evap line is touching, the the cool tubes are rated a 750 touching I believe, thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210424_152524.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	56207

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345