PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedo Calibration

Quote Originally Posted by sick88tbird View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t 8,000sq. mi. be like patrolling all of North and South America and about 3/4 of Russia? Daily? Lol
    I'm not 100% sure about your freedom units but a square of 100x100 miles would be 10 000 sq. miles. Last time I checked, Russia is a bit bigger than that, can't confirm for NA/SA, haven't been there.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    2008 BMW 530d Touring, "Femma"

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

Lol, that was a pretty epic brain fart I had there! What a moron! Lol, thanks for setting me straight boys! Next time I try to make a funny, I’ll double check my maths 🧐

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by tbear853 View Post
    Square root of 8,000 is a hair over 89.44, so 89.44 x 89.44 is 7,999.5136. That's still a pretty big county there ... but I understand "covering" as my county is only 600 odd square miles. Some shifts I saw only a very small narrow part of it, some shifts I felt like I had visited it all (but of course ... I hadn't ). Some shifts, I'd drive 120 miles within my county, and I do recall some where I ran calls from end to end and racked up 400 miles. Was nights we'd get a fight call in the north west corner, get there, assist, etc, then get a call way down in the south east corner and get there only to find it was near nothing, then get called back to the last call as things heated up again, then there was 100 mile lap of Interstate to check at least twice per shift if possible, plus any other calls. Coffee, don't forget coffee.
    Coffee and tunes especially on graveyard shift. Dialed in the old regency scanner on one of the radio stations. With some cars, we brought in a factory radio and had a auto tech install it. Kept the volume low of course. No way could you do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by sick88tbird View Post
    Lol, that was a pretty epic brain fart I had there! What a moron! Lol, thanks for setting me straight boys! Next time I try to make a funny, I’ll double check my maths ��
    It was funny enough I knew it was a joke!
    No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Coffee and tunes especially on graveyard shift. Dialed in the old regency scanner on one of the radio stations. With some cars, we brought in a factory radio and had a auto tech install it. Kept the volume low of course. No way could you do that now.
    Dispatch called me on my cell one night to tell me the Div Cmndr was visiting the radio room and enjoyed my back ground tunes.
    No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

...Some shifts, I'd drive 120 miles within my county, and I do recall some where I ran calls from end to end and racked up 400 miles.

Did this alot.
    I worked in a municipality that was 118 sq. miles. I was assigned a 78 LTD with the 460 PI. Most shifts I would run about 4 hours and would have to refuel, then do it again at the end of the shift. (That car came with a factory AM / FM radio).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12