PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mufflers are you using.

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

My current formula of quiet mufflers for normal driving and cutouts for party time; works for me. Curious to how the dumped Dynomax muffs will sound like.

I'm rocking single exhaust with the boring plain Jane Walkers... not even the Sound FX version.

I don't mind them. I'm not really a loud exhaust person. Also, I like being able to start the car late at night and not having to worry about waking the neighbors.

The older I get, the more I avoid anything that hints at "Look at me."
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

part of why I drive the Continental so much. It doesn't really make much noise in the car, and nobody looks twice at that thing. Unless I throttle it just so and it leaves a bit of a cloud of black smoke behind me. Then about the only thing that happens is people stop riding my bumper, and frankly I'm not mad about that.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I'd look twice at that car, it's got sweet tail lights and two-tone paint. The body lines of those are starting to grow on me. Too bad it's really hard to find an '87 or even '86.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

When we first got the CV; I was at the end of my loud phase in life. The more I drove that car, the more I appreciated the quiet exhaust. Unfortunately, I have a grown kid who missed out on the loud phase in life; so she is living it out now. Which is why cutouts are a must-have; or she will not be happy. As such, there are times in the summer traffic when I could use cutouts to wake myself up. Otherwise, I like the large-case Dynomax mufflers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12