PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Finally registered

Default Finally registered

My brother has been a long time member on here. But I was just a lurker here but frequented other sites like Crown Vic dot net and MM dot net. He bought his first panther before 2000. I remember I was the one that actually drove it home for him from the used car lot back then. He was busy or something. Felt like a boat of a car back then. His is a 1988 Grand Marquis. Got my first on Jan 1, 2000 and it was a blue 1988 Crown Vic. Totaled that one sometime around 2003 or 2004 but bought another one shortly after.

Anywho, I bought some owners manual stuff regarding severe service maintenance on ebay and the seller put in a note about joining this site. So I finally did.

Welcome!
    No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

fomoco panthers !

I think that was me that put that note with the owners manual. Welcome.

2 decades of DDing Box Panthers, now in a Whale VicCrownVic's Avatar

Welcome!
    Do you have a panther now? There is a reader's rides section on here where you can tell us all about it, and everyone loves seeing pictures.

My guess on the seller was Tom before I even saw his post.
    Vic

~ 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, backup/summer cruiser
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon SLT - wannabe winter DD - many issues, returning sometime in the 2020s
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - Rotting Retired Winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Welcome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Welcome to the forum.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Welcome

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by VicCrownVic View Post
    Welcome!
    Do you have a panther now? There is a reader's rides section on here where you can tell us all about it, and everyone loves seeing pictures.
    Yes, I still have two panthers. A black 1988 Crown Victoria S (as my username implies) that I bought I think in 2004 on ebay. Drove it cross country back in say 2005ish for job opportunities. Has the rare 135 mph speedo. Only seen one other on ebay like mine that has up to 135 and just a tick mark for the 140. Most have the 140 numbers not missing. The carb went out on it several years ago and I put a Holley 1-684 on it as a direct replacement to stay CARB legal here in California. Took a long time to find a shop to get the Carb working right. Still needs about one minute of warm up when started cold then drives good. Took it to a few trans shops to match up the carb to the trans which it shifts ok but still needs a little work on the 1st shift (sometimes seems a little late). I got a guy at a trans shop I was emailing that says he can do it since he has worked on Mustangs with the TV rod. Or I could put another VV on it someday. Also, the paint was sand blasted when I got the car so I had it painted via MAACO many years ago. MAACO paint job was decent for the most part and has retained most of its shine. My second panther is my 2003 Mercury Marauder that I bought in 2006.

I've went from ImageShack to Photobucket but with them requiring more personal data and then going fee based, I don't do much of that anymore. But I'll see if I can post up some pics in the reader's rides section.

Awesome! I think I've only seen a pic of a 135 speedo once (and it was recently).

You can attach images to the post, you get a limited amount of storage space but I usually upload using imgur.com and then just link the image with the img tags for my posts. You don't need an account or anything to upload which is nice.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    I think that was me that put that note with the owners manual. Welcome.
    Yes, I went back and found that note. It was Tom. Thanks Tom.

fomoco panthers !

My pleasure

I believe my brother goes on here by the username Grandmarquisdriversince99 or something like that.

Welcome.
    All FORD All The Time