X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97cv View Post
    Wes took the group photo.

That was fuckin cold. More fun inside.

...............There there was DEAD MANS CURVE...
    Under 5 degrees now, according to the indoor/outdoor thermometer in our upstairs office ....

Dead Man's Curve? Do fill me in! :p
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Ok we go to see a friend of Colins to have his carb worked on.

a two lane paved road turns into a 2 lave gravel rd which turns into a 1.3 lane gravel snowy road. Were going like TEN MPH. Hes close in front of me. Now he has taking this same turn a thousand times....Same turn Same throttle blip Same ass swing.:3gears: well not this time. He went 90 to the left on a VERY slick tight corner. Im right behind him and I have a turned wheel attack of UNDERsteer ....My tire treads fill with ice and becomes drag slicks....I slid until the ditch and street meet. I got out and looked. I was 1/2 tire foot print from having my ASS in the air...cuz the ditch was that steep.

So basically I almostended up getting a new car.
      Last edited by Rizzo; 01-19-2008, 10:31 PM.

Comment

where was that Dead Man's Curve located at? Also Colin, remember our conversation about the Firehawks - now you know what I was talking about.

Comment

yea...that was one SLICK road.
          I didn't know you nearly hit the ditch...when I looked back I saw u in the road and starting to move again...I need to fix my ears
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Well it was for the best anyways. doesnt look ( tax wise ) I should even THINK new car. So I got SAVED today.

Comment

Oh Hey Colin. Hows that car running now ?

Comment

better..MUCH better.

turns out, I think u were around Rizzo when he said this...the car is not actually going WOT...only like 3/4
                sigpic
                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Yeah I was. BONUS HP huh...Neat...Its like if I found out my COP CHIP was unplugged.

Comment

Does yours still have the police supercharger, or did they take that off? :p

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                      better..MUCH better.

turns out, I think u were around Rizzo when he said this...the car is not actually going WOT...only like 3/4
                      Needed the throttle cable adjusted, what? I need to check that on mine, make sure the butterflies are opening all the way.

Comment

So its easy. Im Rizzo....thats short for Rosario. Yes its really a Mans name.It came from my Grandfather who came over from Sicily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crap im allergic to italians :-(

Comment

^^^^ :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                            Does yours still have the police supercharger, or did they take that off? :p
                            Wow, my '92 Civic had one, too! It was labeled A/C for some reason. When you hit that button and the light went off you had to hold on. Those 175-60-13's never stood a chance uphill in the rain with 200 lbs of salt pellets in the trunk. It was like you added 10 more horsepower, which is a lot when you started at 102.

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            Needed the throttle cable adjusted, what? I need to check that on mine, make sure the butterflies are opening all the way.
                            Not much difference in SOTP between 75% to 100% IMHO, but every little bit helps.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                              Wow, my '92 Civic had one, too! It was labeled A/C for some reason. When you hit that button and the light went off you had to hold on. Those 175-60-13's never stood a chance uphill in the rain with 200 lbs of salt pellets in the trunk. It was like you added 10 more horsepower, which is a lot when you started at 102.
                              What the ... heck ......??? :confused:

I had assumed Nathan was just being stupid ....

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                What the ... heck ......??? :confused:

I had assumed Nathan was just being stupid ....
                                I guess you just had to be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X