Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Chicago mangs wanna go?

Comment

You know, I just realized something obvious - assuming none of the Detroit crowd can be gotten on board, Kalamazoo is more equidistant for the three of us than Grand Rapids, and I found out recently that the AirZoo air museum is now free. That'd answer the question of what to do .....
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'd be up for that...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
          I'd be up for that...
          ...and so would my mini-me's. It's also a lot closer than Grand Rapids or especially Lansing, too. This brings my possibility of attending up from slight chance to small chance

Comment

Kewl.

Have the little Kraisorns been there before?

Comment

To Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo? Plenty. To the Zoo of the Airborne Metallic Animals? No. Main issue for me is I would have the little ones in tow, which pretty much erases hanging out outside checking out cars and chatting in freezing temps and/or snow. Lunch and a stroll indoors I could do, however.

Comment

Yeah, that would put a damper on hanging out in subzero weather and taking turns driving like juveniles. :3gears:

I wonder if the kiddos would approve of the few slight changes to the ol' black klunker ....

Comment

Well, we seem to have definite interest from two guys on CVN. However, I have no idea who they are or where they live.

Comment

There's also a guy on CVN who lives right here in Big Rapids; I'm guessing he's a Ferris student. I replied to a thread he made on there in the North Central forum as well as sending him a private message, but so far, no response. If I can ever get his attention, I'd bet he'd be willing to come too, perhaps as a car-pool type thing.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Now, what the devil does this guy mean by living "You know ... Just down the road where the barn once was before they changed the name of the road."? Is this guy some sort of joker who thinks I know who he is?

27 here this morning .... so much for meeting before it frosts.

Come to think of it, the guy I bought the 2-door from calls himself "scottyshafer" on CVN, but his last login is listed as 2/13/08. Speaking of members, someone should ask CVN to please add extra letters to the browse members thingy ... when you have to go to the 9th pate of a letter to find something in the "xc" range, they have way too many members for a normal membership-browsing layout.

Comment

22nd Nov. in K-zoo?

Comment

Was told I'm insane.

I presume the target time would be afternoon, possibly 2ish? It'd be odd to skip church to go goggle hunks of metal with you creeps.

Looks like the Hall of Flying Metal Animals is open from 12 to 5 on Sunday, and according to the website there's a cafe in the main building.

Comment

You were told you were insane by the Vastly Superior Half? Well, no surprise there, we already knew you were nuts...:p

I was thinking afternoon as well as I'd also like to make church in the morning; I'll probably go to the early service just to expedite the process. If we timed it right, we could get there in time for everybody to have lunch in the cafe and then drool over the aminals afterward.

Comment

nate I will be in the area anywhere from around jan 10th to the 24th most likley the 22th through the 24th so let's get plans going

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Indeed. I just was hoping to do something before the snow flies as well, because usually when you're in town, you time it exactly right so that there's a massive blizzard the night before and everyone has to cancel the night before. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X