X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayh View Post
    I looked around and didnt see even one tye die

I scored some good deals though

went to go back and pick up some other stuff, and it was either sold or couldnt find the vendor again, I guess you need to write that stuff down(vendor location, item, price) or I shouldve jumped on those deals up front, but didnt know what else was around yet and ended the day looking for different parts then I started the day looking for

oh well

it started pouring rain somewhere around 4:00 or so, I wanted to get another hotel room and go back saturday, but it was supposed to rain and my dad insisted all the deals would be gone the next day
    i was there for maybe 2 hours on friday.....left at 2:30 pm
    nicks el camino shit the bed at the other end of the state friday afternoon and i had to go rescue him....i got back to my hotel at 10 pm

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It was good to meet you, too bad about the Elky.
      I double checked the dates, SF is a no go.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

ive never been to the ford weekend, just spring and fall. i would go to the ford show but im afraid its gonna be 10,000 mustangs and 8 other more intresting cars
        1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

There's one huge problem with that gathering .... it's way the stinking heck out there in stinking Pennsylvania. Do people actually live near there? Or maybe that's the point, to hold the event 500 miles from anywhere. If they were in southern Michigan or NW Indiana, I'd be about 1000x more likely to think it worthwhile to attend.

I also rather share the fears about 10,000 near-identical Mustangs.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            There's one huge problem with that gathering .... it's way the stinking heck out there in stinking Pennsylvania. Do people actually live near there? Or maybe that's the point, to hold the event 500 miles from anywhere. If they were in southern Michigan or NW Indiana, I'd be about 1000x more likely to think it worthwhile to attend.

I also rather share the fears about 10,000 near-identical Mustangs.
            Are you substituting nicities for potential swear words?

And the comment about 10,000 identical Mustangs... Spoken like someone who has no clue about the AFN.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
              Are you substituting nicities for potential swear words?
              Yes.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
              And the comment about 10,000 identical Mustangs... Spoken like someone who has no clue about the AFN.
              Well, I suppose there are a few restored Fairlanes, and maybe some drag-racing Falcons and a truck or several. And somewhere around there is probably my pal who builds resto-hybrids that are rather interesting, if not something I would personally own.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yea there are a lot of mustangs, but tons of other fords lincolns and mercurys.......there were even 4 really nice low mile panthers there for sale all under 3 grand ea......two 85 two doors, a 83 sedan, and a 01 pi never used in police service

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

oh and we showed about 21 mk7's.......there were 32 registered, but a bunch of people suffered from the carlisle curse.

oh and a member of lincolns of distinction who showed his box town car last yr, gave me a nos set of mercury mudflaps to give away at scottfest.
                  Last edited by Lincolnmania; 06-08-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Cool. I wanna win them and secretly install them on your merc.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RunUoveR View Post
                      i would go to the ford show but im afraid its gonna be 10,000 mustangs and 8 other more intresting cars
                      And some original GT-40's, new Ford GT's, original Cobras, Retractables, American Capris, German Capris, Merkur XR4 TI's, Scorpios All kinds of Fprd goodness.

I'd love to visit MI someday, The Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, the Lionel museum etc.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

There are lots of Mustangs, but they're all grouped together so you can just avoid those areas. I don't look at them, they're just boring vehicles as far as I'm concerned. I usually look at the odd stuff, 71-73 Mustangs, SVO's, Merkurs, Edsels, early Broncos, barge Lincolns, Marauders, etc. The 50s cars are cool, those Fairlane Skyliners are just neat as hell.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                        X