2012 Panther Superbowl of Drag Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Panther Superbowl of Drag Racing

I have mentioned this in years past, but the NMRA has a class called True Street. 2011 Rules This is the perfect class for all Panthers except for the most extreme race-only builds. All you have to do is drive 30 miles with a group in stop and go traffic and them make 3 passes. The goal is to have a 3 run average closest to 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 seconds. It doesn't take much to get a Panther down to 15 seconds flat. A mild build with no tire spin will make you a serious contender.
    This class is full of Mustangs and little else. 10 years ago I saw alot of trucks and older Ford/Mercurys at NMRA events and at the World Ford Challenge but not much lately.
    Once a year the NMRA opens their event to all brands. It is called the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing
    It combines the NMCA with the NMRA for a single event. This is held at Joliet (Chicago) IL. For 2012 it will be held July 12th-15th. For this event you could even take a Classic Bowtie car and plop a Ford powerplant in it just to get back at all of those who build a T-bucket with a brand X engine instead of a Ford motor.

Not a bad idea, I go to it every year sometimes Im there the whole weekend because my good friend races in NMRA outlaw.. NMRA and NMCA Rule!

Comment

Bump.... If you have never attended a WFC or NMRA race and are within driving distance of Joliet, do yourself a favor and come check it out. The stands are set up like a stadium and wrap around the short end.
      Also you should try and get to the NHRA race. Tickets are on sale now. When the fuel cars are running at a NHRA race, the nitro fumes blow back at you and the sound is incredible.

Comment

Working...
      X