Clear All

caboose juice FTW.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Good seeing everyone again

Scott, Skip, Jess, Ivan,

Thanks for putting up with our bullshit once again.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks everyone for another awesome Scottfest. Even though it was so hot and humid that we could not stand to do much other than keep hydrated and eat lots of ice cream lol.
        we went to the pottsville cruise car show this year after we visited jerrys museum.
        We also had catering from the tex mex diner......it was a great idea, plenty of food, and it was affordable, i still have a few chicken tamales left.
        big thanks to skip for putting up with us every year!
        Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! God bless!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Big thank yous to Skip & Scott. It was a great time as always. Looking forward to next year already....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Made it home. 325am. Ac charge leaked out after 150 miles or so. Check engine light came on. Haven't checked yet
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

What new parts did you use on the AC?

Did she run nice for you?
              Last edited by jaywish; 08-17-2016, 09:26 AM.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                Made it home. 325am. Ac charge leaked out after 150 miles or so. Check engine light came on. Haven't checked yet
                What the fuck lol. The only thing we didn't replace was the evaporator. And the compressor was from Jay's car. We swapped over the retrofit fittings from that car too. One of the schraeder valves was bad and we replaced that right quick. and it held vacuum for 10 minutes. I tried calling you back but the phone went straight to voicemail. Curious to know what the codes are myself.

Comment

No biggie. I made it home and by the time the AC went out it was 73-74 outside the rest of the way home so it wasn't that sweaty of a drive.

The check engine light didn't come on until I got all the way up to 80 west. I was hammering it up the hills and switching between overdrive and drive when needed to make sure everything would hold up for the drive home. It didn't come on until the interstate about 10-15 minutes after every stop it would pop on. Could be something with the EGR or the Oxygen Sensors. It was still running great, not idling funny or doing anything wonky.

I got 100 miles down the interstate maybe and then when I shut the car off to go in the rest stop to take a piss I heard slow hissing coming out of the vents, even though the car was off. I kept using the A/C and it got warmer/not great so I just switched to vent when I heard the compressor short-cycling. I saw the thing hold vacuum for the entire time, and the check engine light should be easy to diagnose now that I have an EGR and working engine ground.

Jay: New Condenser, Dryer, and all 3 hoses, & new orifice tube of course. John: The stupid USB charger setup I cobbled together wouldn't charge properly with the phone active (went from 15% battery to 13% next time I checked it) so I turned the phone off. Charged it the rest of the way home on that stupid thing and when I got home it had 18% charge. Stupid POS. Gotta PM Ryan and see if he will send me that charger back or if he's holding it for ransom.

Thanks a bunch to Ivan, Scott, Skip, and everybody else who made this laid back Scottfest a success this year. Also thanks to everybody who let me bum rides, and grabbed the parts from the junkyard for me since I didn't bother bringing any tools this year. Sorry I couldn't go to dinner with ya before I left, but I needed to get on the road before the deer started their suicide runs.
                  Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 08-17-2016, 01:08 PM.
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                    No biggie. I made it home and by the time the AC went out it was 73-74 outside the rest of the way home so it wasn't that sweaty of a drive.

The check engine light didn't come on until I got all the way up to 80 west. I was hammering it up the hills and switching between overdrive and drive when needed to make sure everything would hold up for the drive home. It didn't come on until the interstate about 10-15 minutes after every stop it would pop on. Could be something with the EGR or the Oxygen Sensors. It was still running great, not idling funny or doing anything wonky.

I got 100 miles down the interstate maybe and then when I shut the car off to go in the rest stop to take a piss I heard slow hissing coming out of the vents, even though the car was off. I kept using the A/C and it got warmer/not great so I just switched to vent when I heard the compressor short-cycling. I saw the thing hold vacuum for the entire time, and the check engine light should be easy to diagnose now that I have an EGR and working engine ground.

Jay: New Condenser, Dryer, and all 3 hoses, & new orifice tube of course. John: The stupid USB charger setup I cobbled together wouldn't charge properly with the phone active (went from 15% battery to 13% next time I checked it) so I turned the phone off. Charged it the rest of the way home on that stupid thing and when I got home it had 18% charge. Stupid POS. Gotta PM Ryan and see if he will send me that charger back or if he's holding it for ransom.

Thanks a bunch to Ivan, Scott, Skip, and everybody else who made this laid back Scottfest a success this year. Also thanks to everybody who let me bum rides, and grabbed the parts from the junkyard for me since I didn't bother bringing any tools this year. Sorry I couldn't go to dinner with ya before I left, but I needed to get on the road before the deer started their suicide runs.
                    Sounds like the evaporator gave up. FUCK.How was it on gas?

Comment

Probably not the EGR valve itself as it is somewhat new, maybe only 10 thousand on it.
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I had a fun time bugging Ivan and hanging with everybody. Nick, John s, John s (lol) Jim, Gabe, Thain and Ryan...Fun times.

Always great to do some work with Skip and listen to Jess and her stories!

Scott, great food good times.

Looking forward to next years.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          Sounds like the evaporator gave up. FUCK.How was it on gas?
                          Figures, the only factory part left in the whole thing... SOB!

The CEL, yeah we wanna know what they are. The pass side O2 sensor wiring has that cobbled extension on it, all bullet connectors got replaced with sealed unions so that should be good, and there's plenty of slack in the harness as well, but who knows. EGR, check the red line running between the distributor and the upper intake, doubt she melted but dumb luck (or lack thereof) she may have let go.
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

20.1 or so, the bulk of the trip over the mountains I filled up as soon as I got near 80 but forgot to reset it so it had like 85.6 on the trip odometer, then it had like 476 on it when I filled up and reset it. I wasn't doing the math on that subtracting and then every 20 real miles is 30 on the odometer then divide by gallons of gas. I just went and filled up just now after I found a paper clip and jammed it into the third hole from the left on the diagnostic plug and the small gray one. Turned key to run, nothing happened (other than pump priming), reseated and tried again, nothing flashed, started the car and it flashed four times then it idled high. Turned the damn thing off, I will try to find my actual scanner here shortly.

Comment

No it's the single wired plug you ground.

Comment

That sucks. The one remaining original AC part, and it shits the bed.

Curious about the codes as well. Hopefully with the grounds all proper you can actually get them to spit out now, so thats an improvement. With some luck its something stupid. Not a whole lot sets the CEL to begin with.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X