No announcement yet.

Scottfest 2K5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm not gonna get my paint, but I'll be there.

Comment

SCOTT! YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE IS OFF!

Mispost.
      Need medication and glasses.
      "All of this is assuming that everything else in the system is stock and well maintained."
      - © John "OldSchool" Dancy
      All rights reserved.The Lincoln Mark VII Club

Comment

Yeah Scott, what's your problem leaving you'r answering machine off!? What you don't want to talk to anyone? LOL

joking

Comment

Is there a more definite list of whose going to show up? How big is this meet going to be? Are there going to more folks from the Lincoln outfit joining our meet?

I'd like to know before I make a decision as to whether or not I should pull cash out of my savings for the trip. I think I could really use this trip. It might allow me to see what else is out there beyond North Dakota.

I've mentioned this before, but: It'll be about a 3200 mile round trip for me. If there are no mechanical problems I can keep the trip under $700, less if I camp out a night or two and eat light. Fuel expense is what costs the most. I'd probably run Interstate all the way, which is disappointing to me because I like sight-seeing.

Another problem for me is work. I'm attempting to change jobs. If I'm still at my current job I may be able to get away from it (without pay). If I'm working at a new place there will be no chance of a trip.

Mapquest says it's just over 24 hours drive to PA. I figure take Friday and Monday off. Leave around 3-4 a.m. Friday and get to PA by that time Saturday.

It's two weeks away. I need to know some "for sures" before I make a decision and I need a week notice to get the time off.

Comment

:stupid:
            It's shouldn't make an impact on wether I go or not, but I would like to know. Is it going to be like a 300 person party, or like 20-25 people???

Comment

adding up the numbers in my head, i estimate at least 30 people on saturday the 16th............i can think of at least 20 locals that will be there, should be worth the trip guys...........pa is a nice place, definitely wont be like 300 people.........i wouldnt know what to do hehe
              scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

pa is a nice place
                Nice enough for me to make it a one-way trip?

I'm seriously considering the trip for two reasons: 1) I need to experience and see something other than where I'm at now while I'm still young; 2) I need to meet you guys because we all seem to be on common ground and I feel that it may restore some of my faith in 'man'.

My biggest fear is a major mechanical failure on the '88 and being stuck far from home, but I realized that even if I had an '05 GM, there would be risks involved. Risks come with life.

Comment

i made several 1000 mi+ trips in the towncar with the oe engine trans, with no problems already.........i will assure you long travelers of a thorough checkup when u get here.......several trained box techs on hand too lol
                  and if you do end up needing brakes, i got lots of good used stuff that came from the conversions i've done lol
                  scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

What is the location of the meet? I ask because it says Birdsboro here and Pottstown on the "other site". Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. :drug:

Comment

Birdsboro, PA...
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks.

If I go I'm going to try and avoid all the "big, big" cities. This may make the trip longer.

Looks best if I go: Bis > Fargo > S. thru SD to Souix City, Iowa > E thru Waterloo and Moline > E thru Illinois on I-74 to Indianapolis > I-70 thru Ohio and W.V. > I-70/76 thru PA to Reading.

That's a rough idea of what I could do.

I've never driven highways with "tolls". Should I avoid those or do you have any tips on how to handle them?

Comment

I def think that this trip is worth it.

Ive done it twice in my CFI'd GM, and it was no problem...

No A/C was a problem tho
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

use the toll roads.......your travel will be much faster, esp across pa, where if you didnt run 76 (65mph) you'll be bumping thru every town on rt 30

Comment

How close is Pottstown to Birdsboro? Unfortunately greyhound doesn't have a bust station in Birdsboro. That sucks.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Among other things, Scott will be using this grill:

and two of these tents:

and is acccepting donations of your time, your muscle, your food and yes ... your cash ... to make this thing bigger than LIVE8!!!

What's that ... they had a BaJillion people watch it?

OK. So let's make Scottfest bigger than ... LIVE AID!!!

What? What do mean Millions?

Yo. OK, ok. Let's make Scottfeast bigger than the "Free Michael Jackson" concert. There was only 40 people there!
                                "All of this is assuming that everything else in the system is stock and well maintained."
                                - © John "OldSchool" Dancy
                                All rights reserved.The Lincoln Mark VII Club

Comment

Working...
                                X