• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    I doubt it will be attending.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I doubt it will be attending.
      You bastard! /Monty Python

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

david,

if my piece of shit lincoln is gonna be there, then your bill cosby had better be too

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
          david,

if my piece of shit lincoln is gonna be there, then your bill cosby had better be too
          Woah Nick, your Lincoln is gonna be there and not the Knight?

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

david,

I can't wait to see it. The last pictures I saw of it the engine was pushed back cause the crossmember was bent lol.

Comment

Nick, if you need help cleaning it, ring me, or text me. Last time I saw it it was a little dirty. Indoors, though, and thats what really matters.

I was going to ride out with you, but folks are requesting parts, so I'll have to take my truck. Maybe we could meet up on the way down, though. I was thinking of stopping and getting some more fireworks, on the trip...
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Last time you saw it, it was more than a little dirty. I've sinced washed it thoroughly, but the paint still has minor stains in it, so if I can afford it I might have it professionally buffed and waxed prior to leaving. That'll cost less than buying a new buffer (mine is terrible) and doing it myself (I'm not very happy with my own skill level at buffing). It's caught a lot of scratches and a couple chips since you saw it last too... how they got there is ironically unexplainable by the rest of my family.

In regards to riding with me - I don't know what parts you're bringing, but if they'll fit in the trunk of my car then you're welcome to put them there and still ride if you want. If not, then yeah I was going to suggest we meet up and form a small convoy. I usually take Rt. 8 from my house but I can meet you in South Windsor if you want and we can just go straight to 84.

My girlfriend will be joining me and I'm trying to get another friend to come but he's a bit of a flake when it comes to making just about any plans so I'm doubting it. We're going to probably bring a 17" DVD player for the ride down that's hooked into my stereo in case anyone wants to watch a movie.

Bowman:
                Nah, the Knight is a pain in the ass to drive for 4-5 hours straight with no exhaust, a/c, or floor... plus it hasn't run since before winter due to some ignition problems, and it's being put away for a much-needed body overhaul. I already have a full new floor pan ready to go into it. Not to mention I got fed up with my first love sitting half-completed in the garage... and I couldn't honestly bring a Chevy to ScottFest again, could I?

John:
                Yeah, I couldn't fix the placement of the engine so I just swapped an Econoline front end onto it.
                Last edited by CheeseSteakJim; 07-13-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

david,

lmfao bill cosby wow that was so fricken funny. nice way to put it. man that was a good laugh for me.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                  -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Nick... I'm not really sure what I need to bring for parts. Need to talk with those interested, first.

We could always meet up in Waterbury, and depending on the time, there are a few good eating establishments in the area.

I will know for sure as the time approaches.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Bowman:
                      Nah, the Knight is a pain in the ass to drive for 4-5 hours straight with no exhaust, a/c, or floor... plus it hasn't run since before winter due to some ignition problems, and it's being put away for a much-needed body overhaul. I already have a full new floor pan ready to go into it. Not to mention I got fed up with my first love sitting half-completed in the garage... and I couldn't honestly bring a Chevy to ScottFest again, could I?
                      If this is the same Lincoln you showed me a picture of last SF, that's really exciting! Can't wait to see it in person. And knowing the kinda work you do, the Knight is in good hands as well.

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

this year the first person that passes out gets their car chained onto skippys trailer for beer munny

lol j/k

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

rofl scott. should be a great turnout this week i will be staying for 2-3 days there.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Last time you saw it, it was more than a little dirty. I've sinced washed it thoroughly, but the paint still has minor stains in it, so if I can afford it I might have it professionally buffed and waxed prior to leaving. That'll cost less than buying a new buffer (mine is terrible) and doing it myself (I'm not very happy with my own skill level at buffing). It's caught a lot of scratches and a couple chips since you saw it last too... how they got there is ironically unexplainable by the rest of my family.

In regards to riding with me - I don't know what parts you're bringing, but if they'll fit in the trunk of my car then you're welcome to put them there and still ride if you want. If not, then yeah I was going to suggest we meet up and form a small convoy. I usually take Rt. 8 from my house but I can meet you in South Windsor if you want and we can just go straight to 84.

My girlfriend will be joining me and I'm trying to get another friend to come but he's a bit of a flake when it comes to making just about any plans so I'm doubting it. We're going to probably bring a 17" DVD player for the ride down that's hooked into my stereo in case anyone wants to watch a movie.

Bowman:

John:
                            Yeah, I couldn't fix the placement of the engine so I just swapped an Econoline front end onto it.
                            Yay Nick is gonna be there again!

And what's this aout an Econoline front end? :smirk:

EDIT: You should buy the Torino console and shifter I am bringing for your Torino. Let me know
                            Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 07-13-2011, 03:11 PM.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

John:

Comment

I think I will try to make it out. I have off that Sat, Sun and Mon, and may be able to get off that Friday.
                                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X