Problem with site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with site

For the last few weeks something has been wrong with GMN. I can get it on my phone and on safari, but on Google Chrome it just comes through as text-based. I’m not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. I have the latest chrome downloaded. Perhaps some update or compatibility issue?
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Been using Chrome here, on more than one computer, and have no issues. Not sure about anyone else but let's see what the members say.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

There's an update on Chrome that defaults the security settings to disallow non-secure objects. For this site, you need to disable that secure only setting. I think you click on the lock icon and change site settings and find the setting for secure only and disable that. Had that issue at work. I don't have chrome here to figure out what exactly the process is.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        There's an update on Chrome that defaults the security settings to disallow non-secure objects. For this site, you need to disable that secure only setting. I think you click on the lock icon and change site settings and find the setting for secure only and disable that. Had that issue at work. I don't have chrome here to figure out what exactly the process is.
        That worked, Thanks!
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

If you view the source under HTTPS, all the URLs are still hardcoded as plain text HTTP and like Sly said, the latest browser updates are blocking HTTP resources when accessing sites via HTTPS.

Anyway to update the urls to use a relative url? That way it wouldn't matter what you're under, as they're just relative... or maybe something absolute but avoiding the 'http://www.grandmarq.net' domain name part. Something like just '/vb/forum'. Just thinking out loud. I'm not sure how much control there is in the forum software's admin section to specify these things.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

We don't have a secure cert so there really isn't any HTTPS stuff anyway. I don't honestly know if the links hard-core or are relative but generated on the fly. Probably a setting somewhere for it but without the SSL cert it doesn't really matter
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Almost all links are relative to the host as set up in the forum config files. This keeps compatibility with all the posts since day one of the forum. So for the most part, everything is generated from variables.

+1 no SSL on this site. Chrome just treats any site that has a login script as subject for secure handling and blocks related bits.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Recently moved and have been struggling trying to get onto the site through any browser. Currently got on through the FB browser from a link posted in a group.

I gotta say, there is no better virtual place for panther info than right here.
                Who is running this now, and what's the scoop on donations? Last time I donated, there was no confirmation or anything so I have no idea if mysterysiteownerguy got my nickels.. ‍♂️
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Yeah... Pete pays the hosting bills and that's about it. It's very rare for him to show up at all any more. I do have his number so I can pester him when he forgets to pay the bill (site down). He claims it's no big deal and is just doing the life thing. Unless he gives access to someone else to see the financials of the site (donations and all) I doubt we'll get back to doing the badges.

Comment

This is probably a dumb question, but how do I change my setting such that when I click on a thread, I'm taken to the last page (most current) instead of the first (oldest)? I've been manually typing in the last page in the upper right corner since the updates came into effect.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I use the new topics list and click the round blue icon at the front of the title. Takes me to the most recent post.
                      Last edited by sly; 11-27-2023, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snip23.png Views:	0 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	1393211
                        1. takes you to the first unread post in the thread. Icon is not there if there's no unread posts in the thread.
                        2. takes you to the last post in the thread.

I use the "Today's Posts" button below the top banner, it shows all the threads with new posts.

Gotta say, now that most kinks have been solved on the new platform, I do not have really anything negative to say. I liked the old look, it looked old but the new one works just as well if not better.
                        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                        1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Ah, I was using "Today's Posts," but wasn't paying attention to that little blue button. I can do that, thank you fellas.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'm still having issues getting on at all.
                            All FORD All The Time

Comment

exactly what problems, and using what browser?
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X