No announcement yet.

n00b control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a fishing forum i am part of has a noob post of 10 i think before you can access topics like hot spots or secret fishing spots etc, even a mandatory post count of a couple might eliminate some of the noobs that are here only trying annoy/harass some people

ps at some point i will update my signature, it has only taken year plus lol

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
      one should be enough... I do think we should require maintenance of a good non-productive to productive post ratio. If someones obviously here to make trouble, they get removed.
      Yeah there a difference in having good ol fun and being an ass hole, Some people get pissed and rant and it's over.....BUT its screwed up when it go's on and on and on........Or when people join just to make trouble because they don't have anything better to do....This site is for Ford and panther lovers....You have to at least enjoy the hobby if your going to join.
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Since it was suggested, I moved the newbie/guest forum up closer to the top, right under the rules forum. Should be plenty visible there.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sounds like one or two new guys have commented lately about only being able to post in the n00b forum but not elsewhere. What's the latest official word on that?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

theres still some goofy thing with the confirmation mail. never did figure it out. i can force send one manually but it doesn't go by itself and I don't know why. If you know who it is, let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it. I mass re-sent the confirmation mail to all the people who hadn't confirmed it, like 75 folks like 3 weeks ago.

I re-sent the welcome mail to the 8 people signed up between 1/1/08 and today that haven't confirmed. I'm really not sure what the problem with that is.
            Last edited by gadget73; 01-29-2008, 11:44 PM.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              I re-sent the welcome mail to the 8 people signed up between 1/1/08 and today that haven't confirmed. I'm really not sure what the problem with that is.
              Thanks man
              Soon to own 82' Grand Marq
              93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
              31" BFG A/T's

Comment

no problem, glad it helped someone out

Comment

Originally posted by josh93rodeo View Post
                  Thanks man
                  Cool, glad you're in. Were you the one I was thinking of in my above comment?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Cool, glad you're in. Were you the one I was thinking of in my above comment?
                    Yea, I asked about it in the noob forum.
                    Soon to own 82' Grand Marq
                    93 Rodeo-Superwinch hubs,Indy4x 3" lift, HD tie rods, SS brake lines,DOR diff drops,UB Skidders, Procomp ES 3000's
                    31" BFG A/T's

Comment

Originally posted by josh93rodeo View Post
                      Yea, I asked about it in the noob forum.
                      Oh and welcome to gmn
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

thanks

i too had trouble posting at first and you did fix that.being new here i would like to say just how useful this site is not just for modifications but for keeping food on the table. we love our cars but since they are not stangs or vettes or camaros they are overlooked and under appreciated by most. this is one of the only places to get good advice about repairs and mods on our vehicles and i hope it stays a comfortable place where you don't have to feel like an idiot because you are seeking advice on unfamiliar subjects. hell ithought i was gonna have to total my car over a power steering pulley a couple years ago. finally found one but didn't know this place with all these resources even existed.maintaining an older car can be a frustrating bitch at times and i thank all who share their knowledge here . keep it a warm comfortable place and the shit stirrers and troublemakers will i'm sure be weeded out in time.
                        s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/brokebill/
                        "Ain't we gonna bury him ?"
                        "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
                        ----outlaw josey wales
                        (88 LTD Crown Vic LX-Ruby)

Comment

yeah, I spend more time in the garage than on the computer, so I do not post much. I am not a computer wiz either, hence I asked questions in the wrong places. This site is a saving grace for those working on panthers. Please have patience with us noobs. I am currently making most of the common mods to my black beauty. hope to post pics soon.:cutit:
                          :cutit: '87 crownvic lx

Comment

Originally posted by brokebill View Post
                            i too had trouble posting at first and you did fix that.being new here i would like to say just how useful this site is not just for modifications but for keeping food on the table. we love our cars but since they are not stangs or vettes or camaros they are overlooked and under appreciated by most. this is one of the only places to get good advice about repairs and mods on our vehicles and i hope it stays a comfortable place where you don't have to feel like an idiot because you are seeking advice on unfamiliar subjects. hell ithought i was gonna have to total my car over a power steering pulley a couple years ago. finally found one but didn't know this place with all these resources even existed.maintaining an older car can be a frustrating bitch at times and i thank all who share their knowledge here .
                            I definitely agree. It can be a HUGE pain trying to find support for doing even basic repairs on stuff your friends and neighbors don't think you should even keep around. And trying to be your own #1 go-to guy when you don't know much is pretty awful (I should know!), especially when you're driven to it after figuring out that writing checks to local pro mechanics just isn't getting things fixed because they just don't give a $&!#.

Comment

I like the idea...
                              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

punish the assholes, not the ignorant
                                s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/brokebill/
                                "Ain't we gonna bury him ?"
                                "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
                                ----outlaw josey wales
                                (88 LTD Crown Vic LX-Ruby)

Comment

Working...
                                X