No announcement yet.

A new Townie owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome. Interesting mods. Any improvements in MPG?

I've been contemplating a chin spoiler for the wagon. And some other aero mods, like the underbody pan. I like MPG...especially for the road trips I take.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

To the Panther Zone Mang. this is the right place for that Box Panther so here you will find what you need to equip haevier that TC and plus you will met coll Panther owners here so keep with us.

Bienvenido Mang.

Good to C U here Dude.

Nice Mang.

!WAESOME!

Y,Y,Y,Y,Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh!

! Hola, Comō estās ? !

Cool to C another noob in this Panther site.

A toast for you Mang ! Welcome !

ATT, SNIPER 308. PROUD OWNER OF "MERC-75 INTERCEPTOR" :animalmother:
      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

You just got the infamous Sniper welcome. You should feel honored.
        Woah, post 2345, that's cool, I guess.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I really like this picture...looks a lot like a brochure pic...
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
            I really like this picture...looks a lot like a brochure pic...
            Now imagine it WITH a rearview mirror! Thanks though, I do love it when I get a good picture of my vehicles.

BTW- thanks everyone so much again for all the warm welcomes. Either that, or you're all just post whoring j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp Hard Or Bust
              need any more let me know

oh and about your aero mods.. what you mean you blocked out the grill?
              Looks like one off fiberglass model? Me like them! Any way I could get my hands on them?

This is my grill block

I tested it out for heating problems in the summer, and I had none! The massive mechanical fan was doing plenty of cooling even in the summer. I choppped it down and ziptied it to the inside of the grill. It's not completely air tight, but it's definetly a big improvement over stock. I'm not exactly sure why my car doesn't over heat as the entire area in front of the radiator is pretty much sealed off with these signs. It must just breath around the headlights, hood, and through the front support wall thinger.

Originally posted by mrltd
              Welcome. Interesting mods. Any improvements in MPG?

I've been contemplating a chin spoiler for the wagon. And some other aero mods, like the underbody pan. I like MPG...especially for the road trips I take.

The maf swap helped a lot! Highway mpg went from 9-11 to 20+, but that's just because it had the wrong injectors. I haven't yet been able to properly test any of the aero modifications. That should all change pretty soon as I've just got my tripminder WAHOO. I would imagine these two modifications are helping quite a bit though. I'm aiming for 30's haha, so we'll see what happens.

Chin spoiler would most likely help, as the underbody of these cars are VERY dirty. It should net you a bit less lift aswell wahoo. MIght consider just making a taller stock air dam? it woudl go mostly unnoticed.

Also, in the futue I'm planning a metal underbody pan, as this one's getting beat up a bit.

Comment

Hm I didn't realize you got the rare super base model full vinyl top. You do have my car's twin.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome mang! We need more TCs around here.

Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

nah, i wont sell them, but it probably wouldnt be hard to make if you had a bunch of fiberglass resin kicking around. looks like thats all their made of and covered in bondo filler.

i think you should spray that political sign black and zip tie it to the inside of the grill... maybe spraybomb or roller paint the white front peices black also..

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp Hard Or Bust
                      nah, i wont sell them, but it probably wouldnt be hard to make if you had a bunch of fiberglass resin kicking around. looks like thats all their made of and covered in bondo filler.

i think you should spray that political sign black and zip tie it to the inside of the grill... maybe spraybomb or roller paint the white front peices black also..
                      I actually already did spray the sign and zip tied it to the inside of the grill. The whole car is getting the roller paint treatment this summer. (too cold to paint right now)

Comment

nice car mang

Comment

Working...
                        X