Back After A Few Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back After A Few Years

I used to post under the name "Mike_Windsor".

I decided to return to the forum and see what's new.

I still have my 1986 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, and it's had a lot of things done to it over the past few years.

Currently have the turbocharger at the shop, but need to do a few things first before installing it (such as checking to make sure the oil pump is up to the task, putting in a different camshaft, and a few other things).

I'll post some pictures later.

Welcome back, Mike. I do recall your old screename. Good to hear the Merc is still up and running. Yes, pics when possible. Sounds like a good project!
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

So I took/found a few pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wires Falling Out.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	1391377

Name:	All Hail Megatron.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	1391378

Name:	EFI Computer.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	1391379

Name:	Right Side Doors Open.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	1391380

Name:	Left Side Doors Open.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	1391381

Name:	Front Of Car.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	1391382Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Of Car.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	1391383

Name:	Interior Displays.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	1391384

Comment

Welcome back. Is that a rearview camera/mirror?

Cool puddle lights.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Welcome back. Is that a rearview camera/mirror?

Cool puddle lights.

Yes, it's an electronic rearview camera/mirror.

It has Bluetooth functionality, but I don't use it because the speakers are too quiet. The engine drowns it out.

And the puddle lights.... it seems all of the Decepticon lenses except for the driver's door have fallen out. Sigh.

Comment

Welcome back. Glad you still have the Merc.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Welcome back to the forum. Your car looks a lot like the one I recently bought.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...-grand-marquis

Comment

Thank you. Looking forward to getting the turbocharger installed sometime soon.

Comment

Here is what the turbo looks like.

There is an intercooler coming with it.

The idea is to use the stock highbeam headlight ports for the intake and mount the exhaust on the fenders.

Attached Files

Comment

I've been something of an intermittent member for awhile. Are you the fellow who was pursuing an electrician licence? If so, how did that work out?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                      I've been something of an intermittent member for awhile. Are you the fellow who was pursuing an electrician licence? If so, how did that work out?
                      Yes, I failed my 3rd year exam and pretty much gave up. A plethora of health issues followed.

You could say I'm "medically retired".

Comment

As long as you're happy and whatnot, that's the important thing. I wish you well.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I'm not really doing that great.

I am in end stage renal failure, and I just discovered I have scalp psoriasis.

My blood pressure is all over the place. Tonight I'm sitting at 113/85, which is I-can-barely-stand-up pressure for me...

Comment

Bugger. Hope you can enjoy what you can every chance you get. Hope you can get some new to you kidneys.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                            X