New to site need frame interchange help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to site need frame interchange help

New here, have finally found the two door Mgm, since retiring from Ford body shop. but need to swap a new frame (rust from sitting to long) car is very complete, perfect interior 52k all original.
    Need to know where to look to find what frame I can use to swap ( interchange )
    And if the body mounts are r all the same or if they have to be moved
    Any help would be great!

I believe the 79/91 two and four door sedan frames all direct swap.

There are several members that have swapped to the newer frame, specifically 03/11 style. Bobcat (http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...vic-coupe-cvgt) and Pantera77 (http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...ony-park-build)
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Unless you are going for originality (and at the point you're swapping the frame its not original anyway) an 03-11 frame swap would give you all the modern mechanicals with the original body. I believe the only modifications that must be made as far as body mounts with it are at the core support, and that's not a huge deal. Otherwise, like Tiggie said, any 79-91 will work, you'll need to buy aftermarket body mounts and bolts.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Have found a 1991 Lincoln Continental Florida car with a perfect rust free frame I take it that will work to swap

Comment

Won't work for ya. The 91 Continental is based on the same platform as a Ford Taurus, a unibody. Doesn't have a real frame under there.

To add to my original post, Lincoln's generally don't work for you either, as most are longer wheelbase (117.3 vs 114.3). A few 80/82 or so Lincoln coupes ran the 114.3 but they are kinda cool and unique, so I doubt you'd want to chop one up!​
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah I misspoke on that it was not a continental it was a town car and I see now that wheelbase is longer on those

Comment

Working...
            X