new owner from canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new owner from canada!

hey y’all i’m very new here, last year bought an 86 grand marquis from a younger dude and started rebuilding her with a friend. we’ve redone the front end suspension, and are now onto rebuilding the engine. been getting a lot of great tips from the threads here and exited to learn mor from everyone here and any
    tips/things to look out for while doing this project are super welcome
    one question i have is haas anyone put a roof rack onto theirs before? mine has no rails so i know it’ll be a bit of a project in itself but i would love a rook rack

Welcome! Being an '86 means you don't have the stupid Throttle Valve bushing that likes to fail and kill the trans on '87-'91.

Sounds like you've got a good start on getting all the typical things a car of this age will need taken of.

Headlight switch can be an issue on any year of the box cars. Headlight relay harness can take car of that if the switch and harness at the switch are good.

3G alternator upgrade over stock is another useful upgrade. If the connector at the stock alternator gets crusty it can catch fire and burn the car down.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I have seen some nos roof rack kits on eBay before but never seen one installed. What are you planning to haul up there?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Welcome! Always nice to see more boxes hit the scene.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X