No announcement yet.

New guy here...gotta love CV's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a newbie to Panthers, just this website. I bought my first CV in 2004. It was also my first car, since I've always had pickup trucks or dump trucks. I needed a car that got better mileage than my Unimog. I found my CV Sedan on eBay for $1550.00. It was owned by the Closter Fire Department in NJ. It had 70K miles and zero rust. Complete police package as well. The interior is in excellent condition except for the headliner which is stapled up. I put about $500 into minor repairs and then drove it across the country to my home in Nevada. I've put about 30K miles on it and the rings are wearing pretty bad. My guess is the fire department let it idle a lot so the mileage is not true to the hours on the engine. I've driven it across the country four times already. Got it up to 115mph in Nebraska!

My second car was an 84 Lincoln Town Car Roadster Edition. WOW! What a car! Paid $200 for it in 2006, drove it for 9 months until the cam shaft started wobbling, junked it for $300 but kept the aluminum spoked rims for my Vic. I would love to have another one of these!
    sigpic
    Mike Pop
    Eureka, NV & Neptune, NJ
    1985 Crown Vic Fire Department Sedan: 351M, Police Package
    1984 Lincoln Town Car Roadster: Saw it's fate at the junk yard
    1987 Crown Vic Wagon: FOR SALE
    Military Vehicles: 1985 Mercedes Unimog, 1952 Jeep M38A1, 1985 Chevy CUCV M1009 Blazer

Comment

looks good

Comment

Welcome!!!!!!!! Always glad to have new people (and new cars to drool over...)

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Hey I'm pretty new here myself. That sounds like a kick ass car! Is there a question mixed in there?? Lol, but yeah get the wagon.
          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by Junormaneureka View Post
            My second car was an 84 Lincoln Town Car Roadster Edition. WOW! What a car! Paid $200 for it in 2006, drove it for 9 months until the cam shaft started wobbling, junked it for $300 but kept the aluminum spoked rims for my Vic. I would love to have another one of these!
            Wow - you got $300 for a car at the junkyard? Places I know usually offer like $50 and act like they're doing you some huge favor to remove it from your property. I'll have to look into trailering to Jersey next time I need to get rid of a vehicle! :p
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

to GMN!

this is the best site on the Net!
              :banana:
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome Fellow Nevadian to GMN I am a recent transplant from California, as the guys said prepaird to be addictted to the site.

Comment

Thanks for the comments on the fire car. I'm hoping to take it off the road soon and start restoring it. It's in great shape but is starting to show some surface rust where it has dents and dings. The factory paint is a red metallic flake and the fire department painted the roof in an off white. Fortunately, all of the lettering is visible so it will be easy to keep the original markings. I do have the wig-wag controls under the hood too and a light bar for the top.

I've been driving my wagon for a few weeks now and I really like the way it rides. People make fun of it because it is a wagon but once they ride in it, they are very impressed. I'm also impressed with the speed. I thought it would be slower than a sedan but it's got some power when you punch it merging onto an interstate.
                  sigpic
                  Mike Pop
                  Eureka, NV & Neptune, NJ
                  Military Vehicles: 1985 Mercedes Unimog, 1952 Jeep M38A1, 1985 Chevy CUCV M1009 Blazer

Comment

Hello Death, this is War! How's it going Mike? Nice to see you found this place. I went to High School with Mike, when he lived in Brick, NJ. I should scan my HS yearbook, with the big mushroom cloud and your writing. It was great to see you at the High School reunion a few years back. See ya around.
                    1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL - 521 Stroker/4-speed
                    1997 Ford F250XLT Heavy Duty - 460/E4OD
                    2008 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Comment

Pat,

Nice CV and pickup. I had a 1993 F250 Supercab Diesel, nice truck. I remember your old F150 that you drove after high school. We should try to get a bunch of the CV owners in NJ together and race up and down the Sleezeside Strip.

Mike Pop
                      sigpic
                      Mike Pop
                      Eureka, NV & Neptune, NJ

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aww, not old enough to drive.

Comment

Working...
                        X