Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
    I think derek says he's even getting pissed off at that place
    I really enjoy CVN, the only thing I don't like is flame-fests, they often get out of hand for no reason at all and make a mess of the tech threads :nonono: I can think of quite a few members there that don't seem to get the hint when to stop and just keep it going, etc.

As far as being over-moderated and all that, well, I'm a moderator there and I don't think I've bothered anyone yet :p The rest of the admin staff is actually pretty lax about things, and only intervene when things get out of hand or completely off topic. We all make sure not to abuse our 'powers' and are there to help the members, not turn them against us When I hear some people say the CVN 'gestapo' it kinda upsets me, as it really is NOT like that. I can't speak, nor do I know much from the past but I know that's how it is now. But being a 'family-friendly' forum there are some things we just can't let slide.

Some of the forums HAVE to be strict to stay in order, though. For instance the For Sale and Wanted classified forums - but some people don't understand this and then get angry at the mods for trying to keep posts/threads on topic and to the rules.
    As I'm sure Blaze, being an Admin here knows - it can be hard to keep things on topic w/o upsetting someone! :p
    Last edited by drock96marquis; 07-19-2007, 10:18 PM.
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

i think what they mean by over moderation is more along the lines of saying some words...like PENIS, even tho not censored apparently using that word in a joking manner is bannable offense. the censorship rules of that site are overdone...thats my only real beef over there. the knowledge bank overthere is overwhelming and grand and that can never be disputed

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

My only whine about CVN (and nearly the only reason I don't spend much time there) is the fact that I find it so dashed hard to browse and find stuff, and I'm clueless on how to subscribe to a thread. A format like this one here works well for dummies like me; all I have to do is post to a thread and it automatically shows up on my "User CP" page. I like that.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yea, the CVN UBB software is inferior to the much more userfriendly VB boards

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

Well another thing, since they 'updated' the site, it's been harder to find new posts and even be able to log in. And the subscription to thread thing there would've been nice too.

Comment

The only problem that I ever had with CVN is the expedited banning process with which comes no reason for being banned. Now I'm sure that is only one or two of the admin staff that do this, but once I got things straitened out I've not had any issues with moderation there. And I kind of like how the for sale section is moderated.

Comment

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Working...
                X