No announcement yet.

Im new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there are two things that I have problems with, is, it keeps overheating, and the front bumper moves up and down easily. First off the water pump and thermostat have been replaced. Second I have not yet checked the bolts on the front bumper. Im hoping they are just loose.
    Last edited by mercfreak; 09-24-2007, 12:21 AM.
    Hardcore trollin!!
    89 MGM LS "The White Lady" ~Gone 6/10~ She will be missed...

00 Mystique LS "The Red Lady" Currently undergoing some maintenance...
    sigpic Apparently I have a thing for Mercurys.

Comment

Also, anybody got a white trunk lid and driver side front fender they wanna get rid of?
      Hardcore trollin!!

Comment

welcome to gmn!
        moonroofs are pretty rare....i'd repair the frame and fix it up!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

where are you located? i have a white fender......lots of other parts nearby

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

nice mang I love the moon roof looks better than mine lol
            as for the bumper there are 8 bolts on the back try tighting them
            welcome to gmn by the way

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome, Loving that GM. Ditto what everyone else has said, get that frame sorted out and slap lots of underseal on it. Your engine issues sound minor. Get some wax on her and she'll be a real stunner. Welcome to this great forum.

Danny
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L V8, 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 5.0L V8, 1979 Lincoln Mark V 6.6L V8, 1977 Lincoln Continental 7.5L V8, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 5.7L V8

Comment

BTW, wish I had your wheels. Harder than hell to find around my part of the world!
                2002 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L V8, 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 5.0L V8, 1979 Lincoln Mark V 6.6L V8, 1977 Lincoln Continental 7.5L V8, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 5.7L V8

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                  where are you located? i have a white fender......lots of other parts nearby
                  I live in Duluth Minnesota.
                  Originally posted by Danny_R View Post
                  BTW, wish I had your wheels. Harder than hell to find around my part of the world!
                  Ugh. Their not so nice. I dont really like them. Ive been tryin to find some decent aftermarket ones. We'll see.
                  Hardcore trollin!!

Comment

Originally posted by mercfreak View Post
                    I live in Duluth Minnesota.
                    You're around 3-4 hours north of me, then (can't remember quite how far Duluth is...haven't been there since I was like 6 years old lol). I live in Corcoran, MN, about 20 miles northwest of Minneapolis. I'm actually in Michigan for college at the moment, but during the summer I'm back in MN. Good to have more midwest members!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by mercfreak View Post
                      it keeps overheating
                      Could be the fan clutch, radiator could be clogged, could have a leak somewhere, bad thermostat, might have an air pocket in the cooling system.

Comment

another member of the secret twineballers?

Comment

lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Hello...
                            Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                            RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                            Originally posted by p71towny
                            Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                            :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

welcome, good to see another from duluth. have you tried chesney's for trunks/fenders? i havent been up there for a little while but last time i was there the boxes were plentiful

Comment

I have been there a few times but I havent looked in the boxes areas. I didnt really think there was anybody on here from around my area. LOL...
                                Hardcore trollin!!

Comment

Working...
                                X