Attn: NOOB here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crabby125 View Post
    Mr Land Yacht, You happen to have the same name as another member on CVN with the exact same MGM........what a coincidence. :lol:
    I wonder why that is... our cars look identical, too.
    the guy even uses the same nickname for his Merc as I do.
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks a lot, Yeah, i wanted a factory look, while still trying to look aggressive. I got lucky with with the wheels n tires on ebay. I got them brand new (only 50 miles) for 400 bux and they were from a local ford dealer. So no shipping charges. IMO Mustang wheels look better on Panthers than they do on Mustangs.

I do have 2 vids on my vic on Youtube showing my exhaust., I use the same screen name as I do here.
      The next couple of Mods will probably be getting 3.55 gears and a Cobra front lip. How much is the average price on the gears and install??

I would also like to raise the rear end a bit. Are there any ways you guys recommend this with out losing ride quality?
      Nice deal on the wheels! Depending on what tires are on there, it's like getting the rims for free! Nice that you have a post-'03 model so the Mustang wheels will fit without spacers.

For the rear lift, I'd probably just try to find some spring spacers to put in there. If the new suspension is like the old ones, the springs act directly on the axle tube, so however much lift you want would be the size spacer to get. A lot of guys like to use air shocks because it's adjustable, but it's not quite the thing on a nice car and can adversely affect handling.

Summit Racing has gear sets starting around $170, but I can't personally speak to the price of installation. I think Colin (Mr. Land Yacht) had his 3.55 Trak-Lok professionally installed, though.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Now that you guys mentioned it, I think I recognize that CV now. I saw the vid a while back though. Now I wish I made you walk to your car so I could have heard it.

Packman

Comment

it cost me a total of $1100 to get my 3.55s installed.

but...
          not knowning much about gears at the time...I just told him what I wanted and hew did it.
          but it turns out that he charged me like $300 for the gears alone...the POSI unit was like $350.
          so, if you get the Gears and Track Lock beforehand, you will save some cash.
          you can gears from Summit...or look on Ebay...GMN(for sale section)...CVN(for sale section)...mustang forums like Corral.net.
          usually a good set of say 3.55s or 3.73s can be had for $50-80.
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            fellow New Jersian to GMN!!! What part of Jersey are you from?

Awkward, this is Deja Vu. Strange crazy things
            I Am from Irvington NJ, Its like 15 to 20 minutes away from the Holland Tunnel. The area is straight up ghetto, but My car and I live in a Gated and secured area.

Comment

Welcome To GMN! I'm a noob myself...lol

Comment

I Am from Irvington NJ, Its like 15 to 20 minutes away from the Holland Tunnel. The area is straight up ghetto, but My car and I live in a Gated and secured area.
                Oh ok. You're not very close by.

Comment

Welcome, new person from the scary wastelands of North Jersey. I live down here in the boonies where I can leave my keys in the ignition. Its great.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

*runs from sisters house to thain's, takes his towny*

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Welcome, new person from the scary wastelands of North Jersey. I live down here in the boonies where I can leave my keys in the ignition. Its great.
                      LOL,

To us in northern NJ, Southern NJ is a different country. Its like "wow, I never seen so many trees"

Comment

Welcome from rainy England!
                        -Me

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Hey Laura, is that your Focus on your avatar. Those just look Badass

Comment

LOL,

To us in northern NJ, Southern NJ is a different country.
                            Vice versa here. 'Wow I can't believe how many cities there are in North NJ!!' :p

Comment

Hey Laura, is that your Focus on your avatar. Those just look Badass
                              No but I want one
                              -Me

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Why cant we get the COOL focus here in the states?
                                R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                                Originally posted by MeanVic84
                                Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Working...
                                X