What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Kewl! I don't know much about electronic music, but I've had oodles of fun browsing these pages: http://www.umop.com/gear.htm (and embarrassingly, I had to look up "rompler"!)

Our "synthesizer" is a Yamaha Portable Grand (it's lighter than my 6'3" Baldwin), which appears to be good for some of that sort of thing, but my keyboard training involved only classical piano, so doing basic synth work would take a TON of tinkering and figuring!
    Depending on the synth your using it can be easy. It's when you start programing your own stuff it gets hard. Sequencers are the hardest.
    sigpicwww.myspace.com/reverendrevival

Comment

go on ebay and get a code reader to pull the codes. it is cheaper than going to a shop and we can help with the problems that the codes give us. here is a code reader identical to what we have here...got it from ebay...

Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
        go on ebay and get a code reader to pull the codes. it is cheaper than going to a shop and we can help with the problems that the codes give us. here is a code reader identical to what we have here...got it from ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Equus-3145-Ford-...QQcmdZViewItem
        Actually it's not going to caost me anyting to pull the codes. If it is the TPS like suspected I am going to have them do it at the shop be cause I heard it was a pain in the ass to change. They're pretty decent guys.

Comment

throttle position sensor is 2 screws that hold it in place... easy work.located on top of the throttle body and sends a signal from the throttlebody butterfly to the computer.

Comment

Someone( I don't remember who) said it was a pain in the ass. Hell I don't even know where to look for it. Does it have to be adjusted after install.
            Anyone have a pick of the TPS still on the throttle body?
            Maybe if it is easy I will just jam it in myself.

Comment

I have noticed a few people with a stall at idle and it being the egr sensor. How hard is changing the egr sensor and where is it. Wow I really feel noobish.

Comment

egr looks like a ufo by the throttle body.... the tps should look like what they have pictured at rock auto.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

look up your car and go to the emissions... scroll down to throttle position sensor and it goves you a picture.

Comment

he's got a cfi car jim
                  the tps is at the side of the throttle body on the cfi unit on your car......not quite as easy as an efi tps but still not hard to replace

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Is there any adjustments that need to be made after install?

Comment

Working...
                    X