Introduce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReverendRevival View Post
    Now as for the location of the bastard bushing is it on the tranny where the tv rod connects or on the throttle assembly?
    It's at the throttle body end of the rod. You can see how my old one was starting to go to pieces in this picture:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

to GMN!

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
        It's at the throttle body end of the rod. You can see how my old one was starting to go to pieces in this picture:

You da man. Also, feel like taking a pick of how your tps sits. lol
        sigpicwww.myspace.com/reverendrevival

Comment

That's a carburetor. I don't have a TPS.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

welcome to GMN!
            1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
            FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

That is a lovely VV you have there.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Why, thank you, good sir! Likewise, I'm sure.

Comment

hello...
                  Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                  RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                  Originally posted by p71towny
                  Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                  :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

No, mine is a turd. I'm getting really hideous mileage right now (I used a tank in 3 days). Unfortunately, it seems at least three components of my 4bbl swap are lost in the mail... hmmmm.

Oh well, it won't be until the spring anyway.
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Hehehe

Comment

I may try my hand at that, but not at this point. I'd just like to rebuild one to say I've done it; and to use on my brothers car.

I'm waiting on the throttle cable, bracket and return springs, and EGR plate/ valve.

Comment

I might have to drive over to see Nathan with a 12 pack and rebuild kit to have him walk me through. lmao

Comment

You have CFI, not a carburetor.

Comment

Not for much longer I hope.

Comment

I am starting to wonder if someone didnt already do a carb swap. My intake looks identical to that VV, I think. I'll check after work tomorow.

Comment

Working...
                                X