No announcement yet.

Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for pics of lower intake being dirty... look at jelybean's lower intake and Damian's car in reader rides. Damian's car i have pics posted before and after cleaning the lower intake
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Heres a few more recent pictures, obviously I haven't cleaned/washed the car in quite awhile and the engine is also in need of some cleaning.

1989 Crown Victoria LX 5.0. 110000 miles.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
        Originally posted by curley View Post

And the module, no haven't done that yet, you don't happen to have the PN handy do you. I'll get one after payday.

Thanks all
        the thing to the left is the little tool to get the recessed screws out. its just a couple bucks.
        hope this helps,
        Bill
        Last edited by brokebill; 03-10-2008, 08:40 PM.
        s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/brokebill/
        "Ain't we gonna bury him ?"
        "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
        ----outlaw josey wales
        (88 LTD Crown Vic LX-Ruby)

Comment

Welcome, amazing to find one with such low mileage! Good job!
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I'm in need of new tires again, I drive too much. Stock tire size is 215/75/R15 I believe. I'm looking to get a slightly larger diameter tire mostly for mileage, obviously if I get bigger around I need a wider tire as well. What size should I look at that will clear the front suspension as well without rubbing.

Thanks

Comment

Welcome
              sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
              [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
              [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
              [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Originally posted by curley View Post
                I'm in need of new tires again, I drive too much. Stock tire size is 215/75/R15 I believe. I'm looking to get a slightly larger diameter tire mostly for mileage, obviously if I get bigger around I need a wider tire as well. What size should I look at that will clear the front suspension as well without rubbing.

Thanks
                to GMN. The car looks really nice, keep it beatiful

Comment

Do not increase you tire diameter if you want better gas milage. The engine just has to work harder to get to cruising speed(reduced overall gearing). Not to mention your speedometer will be out of whack, and the cops will not take any excuses.
                  :cutit: '87 crownvic lx

Comment

clean Vic mang... love the color

Comment

215/70/15 is the stock size.......225/70/15 is the police size.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Would 225/70/5 mess up the speedo or anything?

Comment

I'm not too worried about messing the speedometer up, I can replace the gear or just figure it in my head. The reason I want to go bigger is because I drive a lot of highway miles and the larger tire should help reduce wear on the rolling stock.

Scott, police size, that would be about what, half an inch taller, right?

And 86Vicky, going between police size and civilian size would only adjust speed marginally.

I guess I was more concerned with fit, both height and width. Can I still use my tire chains if I go bigger kind of thing

Comment

Working...
                          X