im new!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new!!

hey everybody. Im Evan. I just picked up a black 1987 Grand Marquis LS from my grandpa, for a graduation present. it only has 89,000 miles on it. body is in great shape, only a few dings. 98% rust free. paint on the trunk is a little faded.

I just put a Sony deck in it with two 12" Pioneer subs and a Sony amp. other than that it's completly stock.

I want to get aftermarket rims 20's or maybe 22's, but i dont know whats gonna fit. i went to www.wheelstudio.com and the year only goes back to 1992 so im not sure if i can use that info. or not. i really want to get rims for it but need to know whats gonna fit. thanks!
    Last edited by bucs28; 06-26-2008, 03:15 AM.

Any pics? Most of the guys on here aren't too found of big rims. Honestly If I was going to put rims on an older car I'd only do 18's. However on my mercury I'm planning on 20's but it's all about personal preferences. Anyways... Welcome
    sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
    [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
    [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
    [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

pics are coming soon!

Comment

to GMN

You may change your mind when you see the prices for tires and wheels 20" and taller, but if you have the money then go for it. First I suggest lookin at other member's cars to see what you like best, there are some great lookin car with aftermarket wheels just 15 or 16" and an inch or two wider then stock.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Greetings.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

If your wallet is full, get the paint looked after and save the rest for future repairs or mods
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

welcome mang can't wait to see the pics i'd save the money for the rims on performance mods

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome...
                2000 Grand Marquis LS: Back in the Panther Life Again.

Comment

performance before looks... keeps people guessing what you got and perfect sleeper.
                  Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    welcome mang can't wait to see the pics i'd save the money for the rims on performance mods
                    +1

Comment

Welcome New Mang!
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

wha'd it doo? wha'd it iz? i am also the proud owner of a 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS save the dough for rims and pick up performance modz yo you'll b alot happier!! those lopo's got sum ass but man after a while u'll want MORE!!!!!!
                        My old 87 Mercury Grand Marquis-RIP- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3016650
                        Now Driving A
                        1999 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0 V8 its also AWD..... Atleast I'm keeping it in the Mercury family right?

Comment

Still no pics?
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

no big wheels. pleaaasseee nooo.

boat boat boat.

Comment

Working...
                            X